• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for easy to install water cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newuser1

Registered
I plan to upgrade my pc to intel 8th generation cpu. I am looking for a new easy to install water cooling system? is there any intel push pin system all in one water cooler that does not require mother removal? or any ones that does not need attach plate on back of motherboard?

any suggestions?

If taking the mb out is considered hard ... a custom loop is not for you maybe a AIO .

AIO still need install lot of stuff on back of motherboard. is there any ones that do not need bracket on back of motherboard? I saw in some reviews there were some water coolers that use intel push in or a bracket on cpu socket that does non need remove motherboard. But I could not find it. that was few years ago.

I never removed the motherboard to install any cooler, be it air, AIO or custom loop: there is a hole on the case (as soonit is a decent case) that give you accees to the back of the xocket.

But I concur with Console: if you find it difficult, better stick to air cooling.

Push pins are a terrible method for mounting heat sinks no way to change the mounting pressure , and in most cases more pressure (to a point ) = better cooling .

Taking a mb out of a case is pretty easy watch a few build vids on YT and just do the reverse =)

Just take the Mb out and mount what ever back plate your solution requires ...

Or stay with what you have, most decent Air solutions will require a specific back plate for mounting.

Some cases have access to that area with out removal, but get over it

6 of one half a dozen the other.

AIO still need install lot of stuff on back of motherboard. is there any ones that do not need bracket on back of motherboard? I saw in some reviews there were some water coolers that use intel push in or a bracket on cpu socket that does non need remove motherboard. But I could not find it. that was few years ago.

If you own the HEDT platform (x79/x99/x299) you dont need anything. So.. what do you have? List system specs.. create a sig... etc...

If taking the mb out is considered hard ... a custom loop is not for you maybe a AIO .

OP already noted that he was looking for a AIO although not very clearly.
the moment you upgrade your MOBO + CPU you need or need not to install a bracket for coolers anyway and as soon you have done this the only thing that is required is to adapt the bracket of your cooler to your CPU Socket (w/e you may upgrade to) after which you only need to screw down the cooler in the existing bracket on your motherboard. This does not require to remove the mobo or anything, only replace your current thermal paste and screw it down on your CPU heatspreader.

What cpu and motherboard do you have? That is what is important. ;)

Create a signature and list your system specs.

What cpu and motherboard do you have? That is what is important. ;)

Create a signature and list your system specs.

right now I have i7 3770k, 16gm ddr3, asus p8z68-v. I plan to get new 8th gen cpu .

Back