• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for upgrade help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frisky Fox

Registered
You guys have always helped me with building computers so i was wondering if you could help me fins an upgrade or two to add to my pc

I have been streaming on twitch.tv and it has been going fine. but my computer feels like it is definitly hitting the limit.

my current build is

CPU: Intel Core i5 750
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce Gtx 650 Ti
Motherboard: Micro Star P55-GD65
Memory: 8Gb Corsair Vengence
PSU: Fatality 750w
HDD: western digital 7200 rpm drive not sure what one

any ideas on what i could easily upgrade to get better performance all around. My initial though is getting maybe an i7 that would fit in the motherboard. But you guys know better and could help direct me a bit more.

Thanks for your help

uh, under 300 if possible, but some more is fine its not super tight just what I would like to spend. getting my yearly work bonus soon.

Thanks for the replies!

Since you are streaming, you may want an i7... if you can swing it, sell your current cpu and get i7 along with a better videocard and SSD as listed above. Gtx 960 sounds right...

I would definitely get a 256gb SSD as others mentioned. You should be able to find a good one for ~$70-80. I would do a clean windows install when you get the new drive.

After that I would see how things go. Your computer shouldn't be struggling with streaming anything. More than likely it is an old windows install that is slowing things down.

Back