• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Loop Backwards (Should i worry??)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seliothebigger

Currently my its my first time making a custom watercooling loop, iv never done anything like this before i usually use an AIO. I dont have enough tubing right now to redo it, it will be in sometime 2 weeks from now. My question is should i worry about this or is it fine for now?

cooling loop.jpg

Last edited:
Is the problem that the cpu block has water going in to the "outlet" side? If so, you can rotate the cpu block and use the same lengths of hosing.

No what I mean is that the water goes from my pump see the photo to my radiator than from my radiator to my cpu than from my cpu to the reservoir. Basically the heat from the cup is going into the reservoir instead of going from my cpu to the radiator it's going radiator to cpu to reservoir.

That wont matter, you're good keeping it that way. Loop order will not have a big enough affect on cooling to warrant taking it all apart. If anything, you're getting the slightly cooler water from the radiator directly in the cpu.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, mine goes pump > radiator > gpu > radiator > cpu > res. Not only does my water go directly from cpu to res, but most people like the cpu before gpu. But my tube routing was cleaner the way I have it, and that's more important to me than 1 extra degree.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I appreciate it, as this is my first post in this forum and first water cooling loop it's nice to see people that can help me understand.

I have mine the same way: Pump/Res>Rad>Cpu>Res. It's a habit I have to run the into the rad before the cpu block. I've been doing it like this for years. Really order doesn't matter so long as the pump/res is being fed first. Some people run it differently to get a cleaner look using shorter tubing.

Shouldn't really matter. After a few minutes the temp of the water everywhere in the loop pretty much equalizes anyway.

Back