• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop Design Opinion ft Singularity Spetre case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mithiral67

Registered
Hey everyone. I am excitedly waiting to get my shipping info on my case. In the meanwhile, i am finalizing my loop/loops design and I was hoping to get some opinions.

Some quick info, build is 7820x, 1080ti sli, with bitspower blacksparkle fittings, 16mm glass tubing, wkwb blocks, and 360 x 60 mm alphacool rads. Its a grey, black, green build. I am not a huge fan of heavy green in a build and was leaning towards only using it as a highlight in the cables. But thinking a little more would look good. I was thinking Sterling grey and Green NV Primochill Vue. Here is a video of those two colors I made.

Here is the case, they have a ton more photos to get an idea what I am building in.
https://www.singularitycases.com/product/spectre/

I am deciding between going with a single loop using the cases res or doing a dual loop with a singularity rez as well. I think between that and the sli, it would do a great job of filling the case completely. Or, would that make the case too busy? Thoughts?

I did my best to mock up what I think each would look like and then a photo of the case from their website.

Dual Loop
Dual Loop.png

Single lop
Monocolor.jpg

Attachments

• Dual Loop.png
    Dual Loop.png
    17 KB · Views: 246
  • Monocolor.jpg
    Monocolor.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 234
my preference is to run a single loop with dual pumps for redundancy as well as to be sure my flow rate is acceptable. it also leaves some room for tuning them down if you are unlucky and get stuck with a loud one(like my ek d5). i always run dual gpus so i like to keep the rad surface area up there (this is ocf afterall, so crank it up!) with at least a pair of 360s or as is the case is now a 420 and 360 which allows for a nice quiet rig when paired with solid fans. aesthetically i just prefer the look of a nice clean single loop vs a potentially toooby dual loop hehe. obviously its up to you but thats my two.
that case is something else man. i havent seen it with any actual gear in it yet tho. totally over the top from what ive seen of it. have fun!

Dual loops might look nicer as show rigs and you might get a few temps cooler but not by much, especially for the added cost of having two loops.

I personally recommend a whole single loop vs. dual loops and dual pumps as already point out, for redundancy as you'll always have the extra pumping power while having them quieter operations then say a single pump that needs to be worked harder.

Back