• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost Coast is weak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

The graphics are cool but I was expecting something more along the lines of a HL2 chapter for length, not something you can beat in 20 mintues or less

true it is free, I suppose I cant complain, but Iwas expecting something a little longer than what it was, a little overhyped for 15min of gameplay imo

I had a problem, whever I would get shot I wouldn't get hurt but I don't have some kinda god mode on because when say I fell off a cliff I would get hurt/die but if they shot/hit me I took 0 dmg.

it wasn't meant to be chapters - or even meant as the first installment of their plans for episodic content, just purely a tech demo meant to show what the engine can do - although to me it shows what you can do if you put an unworkable amount of time into every part of your game possible ;)

At the rate it took ValvE to release Lost Coast, I would never want any gaming company to work on HDR lighting effects for a FULL game; think about the wait time for the game, over 6 years!!!

I think the way valve implemented it was to try and script for various places and to try and make it look as good as possible for each scene, which is why it took them so long on the hdr side - then they had people making higher res bump maps / textures for pretty much everything

any other gaming company would most likely just put in code to handle hdr effects and leave the engine to itself rather than go for such a process

Sjaak said:
/me runs off to steam for download
^What he said.

Geez, when did this come out anyway? I've been so out of the loop due to me playing WoW pretty much exclusively that I missed Quake 4, F.E.A.R. and CoD 2's releases!

Thank you OP.

Tatuya said:
^What he said.

Geez, when did this come out anyway? I've been so out of the loop due to me playing WoW pretty much exclusively that I missed Quake 4, F.E.A.R. and CoD 2's releases!

Thank you OP.

haha same here. Should stop my subscription for a month to play other games :p

This wasn't just a game by itself, just a small demo showing off the new Source engine. I guess they'll probably release HL2 with this engine later.

Dan

downloadin ... silver package was indeed a good investment :D

i wonder if this demo is available for free for those who havent bought the game or requirements of atleast bronze package is there?

IMO

lost coast was very cool and kinda wanted 2 make me play half life 2 all over again............

it also makes we wanna sell my 6800gt and get a GTX

Back