• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lots of bubbles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber649

Registered
I'm running a d5 pump on setting 3 and I'm using a EK-BAY Bay Reservoir with the baffle in between. The loop is over a year old now and just started yesterday when in the right side of the reservoir there were lots of air bubbles. Not micro bubbles, a total big bubbles. I turned off my pc and turned it back on which solved the issue. They are back the next morning and the off and on with the pc didn't work.

I know these reservoirs are notorious for the water trickle sounds if it's not full to the top. Just wondering if I need to fill it right back up. At this point, the water level is at the max line. Just wondering if filling to the brim will fix this? Or if something else is going on.

Thanks all.

Having bubbles is a normal procedure but usually iron out after a couple of months. Sometimes it can last longer if the PC isn't being used as much and there are air pockets within the loop. Have you checked to see if there's a micro-leak anywhere or the loop tight sealed?

Back