• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lots of problems @_@

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

Alright, so after putting this build together I've just been running into loads of problems.
Not regular stock problems, I can still play games and everything with no issues,
but I really just want to nip these OCing problems in the butt.

First issue is with the GPU. When it was in the 6700k build it would run 3dmark and vrmark all the way through, no issues.
But it wouldn't even open pcmark.
Now it's the opposite, I can open and run PC mark all the way through, but I can't get more than 5 seconds into either of the
others without the test crashing.
Another odd thing is in cpuZ, It shows the GPU has only 4gb of ram. Is that normal? Or could that be related to this issue?
Upon googling some of the symptoms, most people, from what I see, RMAd their cards. But lately it's difficult due to the fact
that it's an O8G, which I guess is more rare than the A8G. But it worked fine in the 6700k build, so why not this one??

Second; The RAM, I have 2 32gb sets in now, both Trident.Z 3200, one RGB one Not. The non RGB worked fine in XMP on the 6700k build
but XMP won't work on this one. I tried it with just each set, individually, and it still won't boot in XMP mode.
The light research I did on this suggested to turn off the cpu turbo boost, which I did and it yielded the same results.
It also won't boot in anything higher than 2133 for some reason, which is very frustrating. I even tried jsut setting it to 3200 without XMP
Still, the same issue. VERY frustrating.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

I think you may be overloading the IMC with all that RAM running at that fairly high frequency. Did you check the QVC list for the particular modules that will work with that much?

Is this the same system you have started another thread on? If so, you are double posting and that is contrary to forum guidelines. If it's the same rig but two different problems, work through one then the other in the same thread.

Last edited:
I did some more extensive research and found out that the CPU controls the frequency of the ram.
This CPU does 2133/240, but I also found out that it can be over ridden by messing with ram voltage and timing
something I know very little about.

But it still wouldn't even let me boot at 2400. So I'm at a loss still.

I think I did mention one of these issues in another thread, my apologies on bringing it up a second time.

I think you may be overloading the IMC with all that RAM running at that fairly high frequency. Did you check the QVC list for the particular modules that will work with that much?

Is this the same system you have started another thread on? If so, you are double posting and that is contrary to forum guidelines. If it's the same rig but two different problems, work through one then the other in the same thread.

Could you link to were it says double posting forum guidelines?

Don't know where the double posting is in guidelines but I do know the mods always jump on people who do it.

Usually it takes the form where a poster posts the same question in two different sections. I certainly have seen the mods jump all over that. Haturee has three different threads going I believe in this section concerning the same build. The first was just his report about his water cooling setup which probably should have been put in the water cooling section. The other two deal with related problems on that same system with boot issues and stability which I could have been dealt with in one thread.

I'm guilty of multiple postings for the same system. I'm sure a good many others are as well. That said, It is frowned upon.

At any rate, you stated you have 2 32 gig sets in. Does this mean 64 gigs are in use for the system?

If so, try only one set.

Timings and voltages are generally very easy to modify on the ram. Simply check online for what your kit is rated for, and try to manually set the settings to what XMP is set to. Sometimes, and strangely enough, manually setting these settings can yeild stability where xmp does not.

As for the GPU, I couldn't really tell you what the issue could be; However, as it worked in the other build fine, return it to the other build*If possible* and test it for integrity now, as a "Just in case".

I'v been looking in the rules/guidelines and I can't find it either.:shrug:
just an FYI, it's a courtesy nkt really a rule (here) regarding double posting. It's frowned upon because you have ideas and posts being duplicated in different locations. One thread on one subject helps everyone involved. ;)

Multiple posts/double+ posts are also frowned upon, not really a rule. If you need stock ddr information and nobody posted yet, use the edit function to add instead of slamming in another 2/3+ posts back to back. Nobody is getting an infraction for these things, but staff cleans up this stuff too. :)

For clarity.. double post and duplicate threads are different issues.

Last edited:
Back