• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lug broke, will krazy glue hold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was wondering does the VP6 only have the socket ears to mount by or does it have the 4 holes for e.g. water blocks or something?

Yodums

Nope, no room for bolt holes. The sockets are too close together for that. I'm impressed that they made room for the larger heatsinks though. And make it all fit on an ATX board.

-DarkArctic

You ever see fiberglass epoxy? It's this green fiberglass mix that seems to help pretty damn good. My brother uses it all the time. I'm not sure if that is the best epoxy though, can anyone second this?

I'm heading off to town to check out epoxies tomorrow night. I could use some advice, I doubt the guys at Home Depot will know what needs I have. They usual respond by saying, "What's it for?" And they don't have any idea what I'm talking about when I say my computer.

-DarkArctic

Okay, I just put on the epoxy that I got from Home Depot. Now all I need to do is wait 24 hours before it sets. I'm really anxious now. Wish me luck.

-DarkArctic

Hey DarkArctic... I just read this thread... I'm more than sure that JBWeld will hold it on... the stuff holds upto 3900+ psi... and it says right on it that it's NOT electically conductive. ;)

Actually Yodums, I was expecting to test it out on Friday, but I ended going to my friends house for the weekend. I just got back and I'll be giving the lug the stress test tomorrow after school and work. If the epoxy doesn't work then I'll try some of that JBWeld, RainMaQer. Thanks all.

-DarkArctic

Well, unfortunately the epoxy didn't hold.:( It did better than the super glue but it couldn't take the amount of pressure needed to hold a waterblock up. So where do I get this JBWeld stuff?

-DarkArctic

Back