• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M$ Screws Up Another Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neo668

On 2 home computers I cannot start any programs after performing the latest Windows Updates (yesterday actually). Just like a couple of weeks ago. I had to uninstall all the Windows and Security Updates that were installed yesterday before I could get the computers back to working order.

Does anybody know which Update exactly is causing this glitch?

Thank you.

God dammit I literally just finished installing the updates. Guess I'm not shutting down until the fixes roll out...

EDIT: Actually only one of them installed, which I just uninstalled manually. Good Ol' M$...

Last edited:
@LoganG:

Thanks. I've read that before. But the KBs mentioned do not correspond to the Updates M$ is offering. For me at least.

The Update that is causing me problems could be either one of the following:

1. Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2872339)
2. Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2876315)
3. Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2853952)
4. Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2868116)

These were automatically installed and I could only get the computers back to running after uninstalling them. The IE9 and NET Framework updates are fine as I've installed them on 1 computer at home with no problems.

Attachments

• Updates.JPG
    Updates.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 143
The only thing I see is that people are saying KB2868116 takes forever to install or hangs.

I have just pushed out those updates to about 9 systems at work and so far no issues reported.

[EDIT] just read that link and actually on one test box i was working on i do have the issue of updates re-appearing even after it said it was installed!

Removing them all from my WDS server for now!

I hate how they keep slipping IE 10 in there when I run a bunch of updates on an outdated machine.

Windows 7 only? Just updated Vista64 and an old XP Pro machines without issues (so far).

just declined them on our WSUS server, will wait for the hotfix ones to appear.

windows 7
windows 7 x64
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows server 2008 R2 x64

and KB2876315 also applies to Server 2012 and windows 8 and 8 x64

Back