• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M2N-SLI DELUXE VCORE READINGS VOLTMETER OVERCLOCKING.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost2501

I found a thread for the m2n-sli deluxe where you can read the vcore and vdimm using a volt meter. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1545990&postcount=15

Just ground the negative and put the positive on the respective points shown. I searched and didnt find any thread on OCForums showing this.

I have a 5200+ with f3 stepping its only 2.6 stock with vcore 1.2~1.25 and some ballistix ddr800 2.2 vdimm memory. I have the cpu running at 12x250 for 3ghz @ 1.2875 in bios and the memory set to 2.2 volts in bios and they are running at HT1000 & DDR1000 5-5-5-15. This setup is stable and my memory passed memtest just fine. cpuz gives me vcore reading of 1.200 idle and 1.168 load for a vdroop of 0.032 Direct readings using voltmeter is 1.290 idle and 1.170 idle for a vdroop of .120

The memory only gives me a reading of 2.03 idle and 2.06 load.

My question is should I use the direct readings? I dont really plan on pushing my ram but to maybe 1066 and it has booted just fine at ddr1000 4-4-4-12 but fails memtest and prime95 quikly. I have only set it to 2.25 inbios so far but never voltmeter tested it then and it still failed. should I up voltage untill my direct readings are 2.2? I have crazy cooling on them I laser cut dual 120mm fans in my window see here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=591271 It would be nice to get 4-4-4-12 at ddr1000 out of these babies I just dont want to fry them. Should I trust the direct readings anyone else done this?

Also what do you think about the vcore readings it seems close to the set bios value when reading with a voltmeter but my vdroop is really big. Using 4 different software readings it is always reported .032 so my direct reading is 4 times larger than software says. what shoudl I trust?

The poster at XS is a Corsair tech so, yes, I'd trust what he's saying.

You won't overvolt the CPU until you're over 1.45v so I wouldn't worry about which one to trust. The load vCore is very close between CPU-Z and actual so that's a good thing. :)

The RAM is a different ballgame and I don't know what to tell you about that, sorry. Personally, I wouldn't push Crucial too much but you need someone with more experience on them than me ...

Thanks for the respponse my next step ws to go read all the threads out there with this mobo and volt readings etc. I just really like the idea of direct readings but as you can see with my ram its at 2.0 when it says in bios 2.2 so to raise it to 2.2 direct is a risky proposition especially since they are overclocked 200mhz already.

Back