• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

major voltage drop on cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wtrose1

Registered
Hello everyone,

So i got bored and started messing with the AMD Vision Control and tried the Auto Tune feature on the CPU Overdrive, I figure since it is using the multiplier and not voltage i will let it run threw the Auto-tune test. Well It tested to freq-4800 MHz and then became unstable and the system shut down. I then restarted the system and the Auto tune said test complete Manual overdrive now available up to freq 4700. At 4800Mhz by temp was 60 degrees C. and 1.4 V. After the Restart I opened CoreTemp 1.0 and now my Freq and voltage keeps fluctuating from .925V 1409 MHz at each Core and 6 Degrees C to 1.4V 4200 MHz which was the default setting. My Question is hwo do i get my Voltage Stable again or did i mess up my CPU.

my setup includes
gigabyte ga-970-ud3
fx-4170
8gb g. skill 1600
asetek 510lc watercooler with push and pull
power color 7870
corsair cmpsu-850tx
1tb sata III HD
64gb SSD

Hello everyone,

So i got bored and started messing with the AMD Vision Control and tried the Auto Tune feature on the CPU Overdrive, I figure since it is using the multiplier and not voltage i will let it run threw the Auto-tune test. Well It tested to freq-4800 MHz and then became unstable and the system shut down. I then restarted the system and the Auto tune said test complete Manual overdrive now available up to freq 4700. At 4800Mhz by temp was 60 degrees C. and 1.4 V. After the Restart I opened CoreTemp 1.0 and now my Freq and voltage keeps fluctuating from .925V 1409 MHz at each Core and 6 Degrees C to 1.4V 4200 MHz which was the default setting. My Question is hwo do i get my Voltage Stable again or did i mess up my CPU.

my setup includes
gigabyte ga-970-ud3
fx-4170
8gb g. skill 1600
asetek 510lc watercooler with push and pull
power color 7870
corsair cmpsu-850tx
1tb sata III HD
64gb SSD

You need to turn off Cool n Quiet, C1E and set your windows power profile to "High Performance" before you do anythign else. Your computer is either down volting / clocking due to heat or due to these features still being enabled. It goes without saying that if your frequency drops, your voltage will too.

Like Anonaru said you need to disable the green stuff to help stop the down throttling. Nowthat being said you also have to deal with a board .... UD3 which has been notorious for voltage drops. Depending on the board it can be real bad, hopefully you have the UD3 version 1.1 which isn't as bad.

ok i disaabled the cool n quite and changed my power setting. Thank you for your reply now she runs at 4228 MHz at 13 Degrees C.

The only thing now is I feel like the computer is slower even at stock clocks.

The only thing now is I feel like the computer is slower even at stock clocks.
Can you clarify on how it feels slow? What are you doing when it runs slow? Have you checked the task manager to see if there are processes that are running that shouldn't, or processes that are taking too many resources?

Back