• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Malware Bytes problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedracer 64

I have Malware Bytes on my computer. I can not access it now. Everytime I try to open it, it comes up with a run time error. I also can not delete it and reinstall it. Anybody else ever had this problem and how did you fix it?

What steps have you taken so far to try and fix the issue?

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.
If you receive any errors during the above steps, simply click on OK and continue the process.

Back