• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: Heavenly June DX9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice runs there mandrake! Nice sideeffect, they answered all the questions that came to my mind when figuring out how to crack 4000. I don't think I'll beat your last run, but I'll definitly try for 4000 tonight :)
1.464 vcore for 5.3GHz on air? Seems like a pretty good chip!

Nice runs there mandrake! Nice sideeffect, they answered all the questions that came to my mind when figuring out how to crack 4000. I don't think I'll beat your last run, but I'll definitly try for 4000 tonight :)
1.464 vcore for 5.3GHz on air? Seems like a pretty good chip!
Yes idkfa I do believe it is a pretty good one. That 1.46 is where it droops to I guess I have it set at 1.48 but my LLC is only at 2, on my board 1 is the max llc. My temps a in the low to mid 70's at those clocks on this bench, though at the same clocks and v running cinebench it only goes to the high 70's low 80's. I also owe a little thumbs up to a really good heatsink, I picked up this Prolimatech Megahalems used on Ebay for $15 with s/h and it is hands down the best Air heatsink I have out of the 4 I own.

so i went above and beyond this time and completely wiped out my main drive (SSD) and took out every other HD so that I isolated the SSD. Reinstalled 7, installed drivers, installed HWBot Heaven. Still no go. Literally going to OCD out on this crap.

Try downloading it again. Maybe there is an issue with the copy you are installing?

I did. twice actually. No antivirus/antimalware/firewall installed either to jack it up. literally the most watered down W7 i could get and still be functional.

Really sounds like OS to me, but it seems you have tried most everything. Sorry I am not sure of your issue.

like i said before i got it to work once with W8, but crashed when i opned the CPUz installed with the package. Im gonna try 8 again without CPUz and see what happens

My fiend fixed it on W8 by reinstalling, and then installing direct x directly out of the package. Runs with admin rights and win7 comp mode.

Single|bluezero5|AMD 7970|Water|5276.732

and here's my single card entry:

7970 heave B.png

Guess that 580 really does have a bit more kick than your 5850 did? :thup:

Yes OC it is significantly faster then the 5850, though that's not really what I care about. It is overclockable <--is that even a word? :), I actually bought a 7970 a week or two ago installed it and quickly found out it wouldn't overclock worth a damn. I think I got about an extra 50mhz on the cores and 100 on the memory. I boxed that thing right up and returned it, that is no fun for me even though it was faster then the 580. I absolutely love the 5850 because it lets me clock the heck out of it and it doesn't give me any lip, I'm hoping with some more experimenting I can get this 580 to really move.

Wish my 680L would stop talking back to me as well.
I tell if to do 1450 core and 8500 memory. It cries like a little girl and hides

Wish my 680L would stop talking back to me as well.
I tell if to do 1450 core and 8500 memory. It cries like a little girl and hides
Ha, they took all the fun out of overclocking most of these cards.

I know with the video cards, they are like CPU's you get some good ones and some not so good. I had 6 different 7970 and out of every pair one was good the not so much.

Yes OC it is significantly faster then the 5850, though that's not really what I care about. It is overclockable <--is that even a word? :), I actually bought a 7970 a week or two ago installed it and quickly found out it wouldn't overclock worth a damn. I think I got about an extra 50mhz on the cores and 100 on the memory. I boxed that thing right up and returned it, that is no fun for me even though it was faster then the 580. I absolutely love the 5850 because it lets me clock the heck out of it and it doesn't give me any lip, I'm hoping with some more experimenting I can get this 580 to really move.

I'm about to just submit my valley score since heaven refuses to come out and play... Valley > Heaven amirite? Lol

I'm about to just submit my valley score since heaven refuses to come out and play... Valley > Heaven amirite? Lol
Interesting how you can run Valley and not Heaven. Have you tried the non HWBot version of Heaven just to see if you can get it to work?

Yeah nonhwbot version is fine, in fact i can run the HWBot benchmark if I don't use the wrapper. Just can't click the wrapper, nothing happens.

Back