• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: Heavenly June DX9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea I figured as much. I just want to see how much your processor influences this bench and if the 8350's are giving comparable scores to intel chips running the same GPU's.

Should add another column onto your chart adding "processor" and just put Intel or AMD..Curious if we will see any trends..I bet most of these benchmarks are being done on Intel platforms?
Fortune, if you look on page 1 my 5850 was run on my Fx 8350 I was able to get a 2600.54 score that was the best I achieved on the AMD platform. This score was achieved on my Intel platform. I was also going to run my GTX 580 on both to see what the difference would be but on the Fx 8350/ GTX 580 platform my 650w psu isn't enough with both overclocked. So until I purchase a more powerful PSU I cannot run that test.

Should add another column onto your chart adding "processor" and just put Intel or AMD..Curious if we will see any trends..I bet most of these benchmarks are being done on Intel platforms?

The chart is purely for ease of scoring. I may add more detail in the future, but for this month at least it is going to stay the same. Saves having to add anything this time around or collecting the extra data.

I can only assume you're talking Titan, but I seriously doubt an AMD cpu will take you anywhere near 6k (unless you forked out $2k for Titan SLI).

Actually a 770. Should get me pretty close, I'm thinking 5500 at the least.

Single|atminside|560Ti|Stock|2709.259

Got a bit more from it today :)
Screaming doesn't even describe this card right now.

061713_Basic.jpg

That is exactly where my 560ti's capped in SLI: 1000/2200

I think it might have the slightest touch left in it, but I'm running benches for comparison now. Expecting that knock any time now :D

Single|Qlix|680|Stock|4836.413

i cant get **** stable at all in heaven. I can run much MUCH higher clocks in Valley, but heaven is just shitty

edit: and dont ask what i did to get it to work.... i really have NO idea. I just clicked it this afternoon and she decided to play nice. No clue :shrug::screwy:

Attachments

• Heaven-redo.jpg
    Heaven-redo.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
This is my first foray into benchmarking... so bare with me :chair:

Single | Burdman27911 | 6970 | Air | 3010.085

A random side note: HWBOT Heaven wouldn't properly run unless I unplugged my 1050x1680 (portrait) 2nd monitor. Had me scratching my head for a couple of weeks, but I figured it out tonight.

I think this is as far as I can push the GPU clock (she wants to artifact unless I give her 1.3V), but haven't tried pushing the Memory (both GPU or DDR3), so I might have more to squeeze :shrug:.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm new to the benchmarking world, so don't even know what gives the most bang for your buck.

Attachments

• Heaven Run1.PNG
    Heaven Run1.PNG
    274.6 KB · Views: 83
but haven't tried pushing the Memory (both GPU or DDR3), so I might have more to squeeze :shrug:.
Personally I didnt see any improvements from overclocking the gpu memory. But more than one member suggested I should OC my CPU more, but 4.5Ghz to 4.7Ghz didn't improve my score at all. I have 1333Mhz RAM as well, so I think that's a bottleneck. You could try OCing that, I hadnt had time yet. Or you lower your RAM clocks and see if that lowers your score.

Personally I didnt see any improvements from overclocking the gpu memory. But more than one member suggested I should OC my CPU more, but 4.5Ghz to 4.7Ghz didn't improve my score at all. I have 1333Mhz RAM as well, so I think that's a bottleneck. You could try OCing that, I hadnt had time yet. Or you lower your RAM clocks and see if that lowers your score.

When you went from 4.5 to 4.7 did you make sure it was pretty stable? Rember lost cycles kill your score even if you don't crash the test. Check WHEA errors too

When you went from 4.5 to 4.7 did you make sure it was pretty stable? Rember lost cycles kill your score even if you don't crash the test. Check WHEA errors too
Oh boy :chair:
I wasnt exactly sure how to achieve higher overclocks outside my comfortzone. I didn't know the limits for my chip, so I put on 1.4V (1.388V under load) and set multi to 47. After booting I started benching.
I will test if the 4.7 were / are stable. Thank you!

I'm a little late to the party, but why not :D
Single|Psyko|GTX Titan|Stock air|7355.223

Attachments

• Heaven DX9 7355.223 5Ghz +170 +500.jpg
    Heaven DX9 7355.223 5Ghz +170 +500.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 38
Back