• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because I am sick of there always being 9 or 10 people viewing the benching subforum, but no cool posts, I am going to try and liven things up a bit. Sheesh.

SINGLE|ChanceCoats123|7970 Lightning|Stock|1254/1872|9667

3DMark 9667.png

:sn:

Pretty good clocks there chance, my lightning had trouble scaling past 1225 for different benches. How much voltage are you using for that?

My efficiency is pretty bad. I need to get around to installing a fresh Win 7 and running. I'm lacking on the physics score too. :/ I was looking on HWbot the other day, and there was a guy with an 9800 score, and my graphics score was actually higher than his. But he ran at 5ghz on his 3770k. When I get to benching 32M and hopefully 01 this week, I want to have a drive setup so I can get a quick Firestrike run in with a better cpu speed.

Edit: Janus, I believe that was with 1.175 or 1.200 vgpu. I didn't write it down :bang head But it does help that the 7970 Lightning I bought belonged to this guy: http://hwbot.org/user/l0ud_sil3nc3/ ;)

That's when you keep going! ;) The only way I'll be able to beat that, is if I can get the cpu on LN2 and get a run in. Which, I do want to get LN2 this week since I'm on spring break. I just need to get all my benching drives set up and ready to run.

That was a very nice run, though.

I put the 3960X on the cascade and it really did not like it very much with the new M4E. I could not even get to boot above 4.7. Dug out my water block out and I can run it on all benches between 5-5.2GHZ with no issue. I also ran CF but I will save that for a surprise later want to run a few more test.
That's when you keep going! ;) The only way I'll be able to beat that, is if I can get the cpu on LN2 and get a run in. Which, I do want to get LN2 this week since I'm on spring break. I just need to get all my benching drives set up and ready to run.

That was a very nice run, though.

I never really frequent the benching section, but I was bored and thought I'd throw out competitor for the top 2x gpu's......

Dual|Khan|EAH5770|H20|1050/1360| 2549

marchcomp.png

Quite fearsome no? damn thing was a slide show lol.

All are welcome here, this how you get to learn more about your hardware and what it can do.
I never really frequent the benching section, but I was bored and thought I'd throw out competitor for the top 2x gpu's......

Dual|Khan|EAH5770|H20|1050/1360| 2549

View attachment 125610

Quite fearsome no? damn thing was a slide show lol.

All are welcome here, this how you get to learn more about your hardware and what it can do.

Thanks, that C2 955 is a real handicap for this, but its my everyday rig and does everything else well, might replace it with a C3 and redo my rig, try for some HW points on the bot.

I put the 3960X on the cascade and it really did not like it very much with the new M4E. I could not even get to boot above 4.7. Dug out my water block out and I can run it on all benches between 5-5.2GHZ with no issue. I also ran CF but I will save that for a surprise later want to run a few more test.

If you get a chance try booting at 4.5 and then overclock from within windows using the latest AI Suite, it works well on my R4E.

I want to see some CF action.:thup:

The chip is old does not run really past 5.2GHZ, So running on water at 5-5.1GHZ is fine for me.

Last edited:
I can submitt both single and multi cards correct, and what ever place is higher I get the points for.

I can submitt both single and multi cards correct, and what ever place is higher I get the points for.
Yes. And As I understand it, your other scores then wouldnt count.

I think ya'll (metal too) need to pick which scores to use...that way 'the rest' can figure things out, LOL! :D

Back