• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CPUs really dont mean squat in this bench though.. a couple hundred points at most - at least between a 3930K and a 3770K (been measuring up Jiccman as I have the gpu clocks to beat him, just not the CPU... under ambient......................................)

My 690 hit 10.4k with a 3570K, and my 7970 hit 9.8k... that is HALF that 680 score.

Talk is cheap man show me the money.....:attn:
CPUs really dont mean squat in this bench though.. a couple hundred points at most - at least between a 3930K and a 3770K (been measuring up Jiccman as I have the gpu clocks to beat him, just not the CPU... under ambient......................................)

My 690 hit 10.4k with a 3570K, and my 7970 hit 9.8k... that is HALF that 680 score.

It seems like cpu plays a small role because there is only one direct test of the cpu. But it drives the gpu during the game tests as well.

Talk is cheap man show me the money.....:attn:
LOL, I need to go LN2 to beat you dude.. I'm 200 points behind you running 1300+/1900+ on the 7970 and 3770k @ 5Ghz but getting CRUSHED in the Phsyics portion which I'm guessing is the ONLY reason Im losing. I have the FPS in the GPU tests already.

Im going to try to go cold this weekend...I want my 2 points, LOL! :thup:

IM going to be switchng back to my 3770 to run some other test, are going to jump in on the last man standing comp.
LOL, I need to go LN2 to beat you dude.. I'm 200 points behind you running 1300+/1900+ on the 7970 and 3770k @ 5Ghz but getting CRUSHED in the Phsyics portion which I'm guessing is the ONLY reason Im losing. I have the FPS in the GPU tests already.

Im going to try to go cold this weekend...I want my 2 points, LOL! :thup:

don't think you are going to be getting one before the end of the comp, although when it does come you will likely get it for cheaper. not sure how much your cards cost.

I finally have my result. I should have run it before I swapped the 7970 out. :(

Single|xsuperbgx|hd5870|water|4415

marchFS4415.png

Back