• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII April: 3DMark2001 SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Johan, Sir, do tell how high you had to increase that VTT voltage! :shock: that 4.2ghz north bridge is so enticing!!!
Also that 5ghz CPU! :salute:

Edit:
Ah, I don't think I can beat that, not able to get into windows at 5ghz, even at 1.54vcore
2000mhz ram wint budge even at 2T and 1.7voltage. 4000uncore don't work either, let alone 4200
Even got some new bsod: critical process died.

Last edited:
Dram voltage was 1.67V and QPI/Dram 1.42V aside from V_Core everything else was on auto

Understood, thank you, Sir. I tried 1.425vtt at 4000uncore and it froze on windows loading. I'm guessing my imc isn't as strong and going higher voltage I am afraid. I read imc on 32nm chips isn't as strong as 45nm counterparts and should be cautionary crossing 1.35vtt.

Well, I mean 61,000 score isn't too shabby, thus I rest at this score.

Understood, thank you, Sir. I tried 1.425vtt at 4000uncore and it froze on windows loading. I'm guessing my imc isn't as strong and going higher voltage I am afraid. I read imc on 32nm chips isn't as strong as 45nm counterparts and should be cautionary crossing 1.35vtt.

Well, I mean 61,000 score isn't too shabby, thus I rest at this score.

Did you try dropping from 6 to 2 cores? Don't forget, his is a 32nm part too.

Mr.Agent, yes I dropped down to 2 cores from 6. Mine is also 32nm. X5670 on Asus p6t deluxe v1

MetalRacer / GTX 980 / AIR / 173903
capture010xp.jpg

https://hwbot.org/submission/4136224_metalracer_3dmark2001_se_geforce_gtx_980_173903_marks

Nice, it just keeps going up. I really need to get one of those machines!

The GTX 980 was a nice jump. It's getting harder to find them, I would recommend little devil but I just checked their site and its all messed up, so not sure if the are still in business.

The GTX 980 was a nice jump. It's getting harder to find them, I would recommend little devil but I just checked their site and its all messed up, so not sure if the are still in business.

^ I Think he was referring to your APEX - OR the Single Stage Phase Change (SS) System :)
IIRC he has a i9-9900k and a GTX-980Ti KP Edition :)

^ I know you can Build a Custom SS. Do you have the time with everything that you have on your scheduled??
If you are looking for a SS - This site has been recommended - http://www.under-the-ice.com/
I would love to try this or a Water Chiller. My ICD does not even like a basic 100 psi air compressor within 50ft:( .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah M_M Metal knew what I was talking about, not likely going to build my own or buy new. Most US places don't ship to Canada (not to mention the cost and 30% exchange rate) so I just have to keep my eyes open

Yeah M_M Metal knew what I was talking about, not likely going to build my own or buy new. Most US places don't ship to Canada (not to mention the cost and 30% exchange rate) so I just have to keep my eyes open

The Little Devil site is back so I guess they are still in business. The international shipping wasn't as much as I thought plus mine was on sale.

I spoke with Ron at Under the Ice before I bought the little devil and he was out of condensers and was having a hard time finding more plus he was really busy with another job.

http://www.ldcooling.com/shop/content/4-delivery

(G{in}[AK)TION] / 1080ti / AIR / 113150

3dmark2001se7700k5.2ghz.png

i got windows xp to boot over pxe but after getting it installed on my fx-8350 and then trying to find windows xp drivers for the r9 280x, i realized that the card does not support windows xp.

Wish i knew sooner so i could get a 980ti or something like that.

Last edited:
Looks like im gonna have to go back to buying old hardware after declaring i would focus on buying more modern hardware.

Back