• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII April: 3DMark2001 SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's one for TACO x58 and GTX 260

Johan45/ GTX 260/ AIR/ 83545

980x 260 83545.JPG

Yeah seems as if you're always in a different place Jicc hopefully you're settled in now. So start pouring :D

Mr.Mutt, I doubt he would be able to hit 4200 uncore:D
Or is it the same 1.5x allowed on those chips? Instead of 2x minimum uncore?
X58 rigs never die, they are the champions, legends!!

Does triple channel vs dual channel make a difference in this benchmark (with x58)? I'm debating whether or not to rerun. I have triple channel elpida sticks 3x1gb. Very good sticks, cn run 1900 9-9-9-24 1T (default 1067)
Also, does it make sense to disable cores and leave like 2 cores? HT off or on?
I think I can beat Johan45.:santa:

Nvm, backing out of challenge before I burn something

Last edited:
TL;DR

Trying to get this game to work on my r9 280x.

is there a specific driver i need to install? the benchmark will not launch when i try to open it. it runs when i have a 1080ti

Last edited:
TL;DR

Trying to get this game to work on my r9 280x.

is there a specific driver i need to install? the benchmark will not launch when i try to open it. it runs when i have a 1080ti

^ You have to drop down to driver -> 15.7.1 WHQL or 16.2.1 BETA to run this bench. Anything newer - video card or driver will not let it work.
I also went under windows 7 settings and changed the video performance from best appearance to best performance.

so windows 7 and AMD driver 15.7.1 is what i need to get this to work is what your saying?

Because i just tried this in windows 10 with the 15.7.1 driver and it still wont work. even after reinstalling the benchmark.

Nice run :)
I see you where able to find TIME to play with the x58 :thup:
Which ram where you running as that is WAY TOO slow for the Corsairs Dom's I sent you :confused: They should have easily hit FSB=210 (Memory = 2100) @ 8-8-8-24.

That was only the second time I have ever had the R3E up and running and had little time so I was mostly maxing the CPU and keeping other things simple. Went out for the weekend. Maybe later today or tomorrow I can poke at it a bit more

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

so windows 7 and AMD driver 15.7.1 is what i need to get this to work is what your saying?

Because i just tried this in windows 10 with the 15.7.1 driver and it still wont work. even after reinstalling the benchmark.

You may need something a bot older? should run on anything back to 13.11

^ I'm not sure on Windows 10 :( As I mentioned earlier this is a Old DX_8 Benchmark

That was only the second time I have ever had the R3E up and running and had little time so I was mostly maxing the CPU and keeping other things simple. Went out for the weekend. Maybe later today or tomorrow I can poke at it a bit more

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

You may need something a bot older? should run on anything back to 13.11

Hey question I got out my x58 also, loaded win xp64, went to load video driver but it won't take it. Do I need the 32bit instead of 64bit? I think it might looking for a .Net frame not sure.

Hey question I got out my x58 also, loaded win xp64, went to load video driver but it won't take it. Do I need the 32bit instead of 64bit? I think it might looking for a .Net frame not sure.

You can just delete the folders ms.net and geforce experience from inside the folder that nvidia created in c: if you don't want to mess with .Net frame.

just installed windows 7 and drivers 13.10 but still wont run. it was also showing that it detected less than 128mb of memory but now it wont pop up again.

what to do...

EDIT:

So im back on windows 10. i found this patch that gets the benchmark working. I believe it also sets the CPUs affinity to 1 as well. Got it from the comments section on the 3dmark page rules for the benchmark.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33579&start=20#p411805

Last edited:
Back