• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII April: 3DMark2001 SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that patch is kinda useless but
Dropping to two cores and killing HT usually helps get the benchmark main GUI to load.
If the benchmark hangs at the load screen after starting it go into the options and disable the load screen that works for me.

Still trying to get around Optimus so I can use the GTX960m in my old laptop, without having to reinstall OS. Right now it will only run on the Intel integrated graphics. Next thing I'm going to try is XP on a USB drive, if I can get that to set up with Rufus.

You can just delete the folders ms.net and geforce experience from inside the folder that nvidia created in c: if you don't want to mess with .Net frame.

Hey thank you got it working , but what do you use for LOD the inspector I have does not work?

MetalRacer / GTX 580 / AIR / 154588

capture003xp.jpg

I think that patch is kinda useless but
Dropping to two cores and killing HT usually helps get the benchmark main GUI to load.
If the benchmark hangs at the load screen after starting it go into the options and disable the load screen that works for me.

so enable only two cores and drop hyper threading in bios is what your saying. ill give it a go then.

so enable only two cores and drop hyper threading in bios is what your saying. ill give it a go then.

If you see "Your System need 128MB to run" then 3D_01 is trying to run. If you open Task Manager, you will see that is "Running" under Processes. This is info JUST for Windows Vista/7
If you have your desktop setup for MAX Performance (under windows settings NOT AMD/NVIDA driver settings) then two things will happen. The program will start with the -> You need 128MB of memory
1) You will get A Notification/Error from Windows WDDM. It will say something like -> This program requires the desktop to run in Basic Mode you will not have_____(Aero/Flip 3D/Ect, Ect). You will not have these capabilities until the program closes.
2) The program 3D_01 does not finish loading but is stuck. It is listed under - Task Manager-Programs Running.
If you remember WAYYYYY Back when Windows Vista first came out and the requirements that it had. It's main requirement (for the full Visual Experience) was a DX-10 Capable video card. If not it would run in Basic Mode.
Quick shots of areas that you can tweak :) You will also notice that with my Desktop running in Basic Mode, I do not have a thumbnail view of Screen Shots that I have taken.
Win-System-Config.png
Win-Visual Settings.png

(G{in}[AK)TION] / / GTX 1080ti / AIR / 112597

7700k2core5.2ghz.png

I feel unhappy with my score. because i think i am doing something wrong still.

Is it because im using a 7700k?

Drivers can have a big impact on the score

Also the 160K score above yours was achieved with a 9900k at 6Ghz. I don't think its specifically that you're using a 7700k because the test won't do anything with the extra cores, but it's more about clock speed.

Nice run :)
I see you where able to find TIME to play with the x58 :thup:
Which ram where you running as that is WAY TOO slow for the Corsairs Dom's I sent you :confused: They should have easily hit FSB=210 (Memory = 2100) @ 8-8-8-24.

Mr.Mutt, I doubt he would be able to hit 4200 uncore:D
Or is it the same 1.5x allowed on those chips? Instead of 2x minimum uncore?
X58 rigs never die, they are the champions, legends!!

How's this, kind of sounded like a challenge but had to find the time to play

Johan45/ GTX 260/ AIR/ 88068

88068.JPG

I had no doubt that was coming ^^^^^

:plus1:

I need to finish up my Benching of my AMD cards and start on my NVidia Cards. As slow as I move :chair: it will be Christmas Again :(
Anyway... Is there a PS/2 cable that allows you to connect both a USB Mouse and Keyboard.

There is but I haven't found one that actually works yet

Back