• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII April: 3DMark2001 SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dang, new that there would be problems, but it's sounding impossible.

^ That was one of my complaints at the HWBot on which benches should be kept. Many Point's are HERE if you run NVidia.. AMD moved on from DX8 support after -> WHQL 15.7.1 Driver and R9-290x (that is the latest AMD card I have). I don't know about the RTX Series but it will still run on a GTX-1080 With 416.xx Driver. One thing that will help in Win 7 is to turn AERO/THEMES OFF.... just run basic desktop.

Men,
I re-ran the test. Taco didn't want people talking that he cheated his way to glorious victory. If I to take performance crown, it's with my own two honest hands!:salute:

UltraTACO / gtx460 1gb. / air / 61524

*gpu air, cpu water, taco tea.

32596365407_27e08e53e4_b.jpg

That's OK we need these low scores to bring the average down LoL

Johan45/ GTX 980Ti/ AIR/ 152461

3d01 152461.JPG

Nice one!! 980Ti, XP 64Bit, and high clocking Intel is the way to win this one! Remember that GT1 is all CPU, but the other tests still need a pretty decent card for a good score. You would need a top binned GTX580 on LN2 to compete with a bone stock 980Ti.

I don't much in terms of GPU's that can play this game, but Ill try to get some token subs in.

Not much distance between the 980 and 580. I can throw a 770 in at some point and likely score about the same. IMO this bench is all CPU

Last edited:
Slow day at the office ........... :rofl:

Witchdoctor / Intel 620 / air / 16507

^ This is a mistake :screwy: :facepalm:

You RE-TIRED !!! No More -> :comp: <- You Said. Where you SOOO Bored it was :chair: and sleep... or :popcorn: and a movie. :rofl: :rofl:

:shock: Do I need to start worrying about my Video Card Collection???? :tinfoil:

SURF'S UP DUDE :thup:

- I'm still in a good mood. Didn't get the x299 put together :( but still in a good mood. Maybe tomorrow... I received the New EKWB (http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-velocity-copper-plexi.html) block for the CPU today :).

OK played with the GTX 770 a bit. It did OK on the driver I was using for the 980Ti but not great. Just so you can see how much difference a driver can make in this benchmark. Watch the "nature" score!

Johan45/ GTX 770/ AIR/ 140164

770 140164.JPG

Johan45/ GTX 770/ AIR/ 149308

770 149308.JPG

That's a big part of it. While testing I couldn't go above 106K then I remembered there are some quirks with this BIOS (multi gets stuck). So from 3600 to 5200 made about 40K difference in score

I did a run at 4900 but she needed 1.5v, pretty sure it wasn't impressed with that since the next boot needed more than 1.515v. I tried 5.0 at 1.55 but was greeted to a bluescreen. 4.8 is all she's got with air I reckon.

I did a run at 4900 but she needed 1.5v, pretty sure it wasn't impressed with that since the next boot needed more than 1.515v. I tried 5.0 at 1.55 but was greeted to a bluescreen. 4.8 is all she's got with air I reckon.

^ In this bench - OLD - your processor is just as good as a i9-9900k. You just have to = the speed that it's running :(
The bad part is that to = a i9-9900k on a AIO @ 5.3/5.4 w/2c or 4c you may have to bring your A+ game (run SS or Dice - Chilled Water??) <- I skipped the Whole Intel i7-2xxx/5xxx Series.
I ran AMD PII X4/X6 and FX-82xx processors. <- These must be clocked higher than Intel processors to get close to their scores:(.

What about vista64? I can do triple boot with vista. (Other 2 are linux and w10). If I get like 130,000 will my score count?

Kenrou, I still respect you and your 50k FX:cheers:

Last edited:
It might be better but it's still not XP

What about vista64? I can do triple boot with vista. (Other 2 are linux and w10). If I get like 130,000 will my score count?

Kenrou, I still respect you and your 50k FX:cheers:

This is where your 2nd Benching OS comes in - Go under Control Panel/Admin Tools/System Config/ - Services TAB & Startup TAB. Turn stuff you don't need running in the background OFF ( MS Defrag, MS Search, MS Media Center, Ect, Ect.... <- This is a 2nd OS as the wrong settings can and will bork the OS.. :thup:

Back