• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix Raid w/ 3 Raptors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
vanessab said:
THANKS GUYS

A question though, about partitioning. What about disk fragmentation? wont the drive get cluttered a lot faster? Maybe I'm overanalyzing things...

Youngbuck ~ yes i already have all 3. Actually im just waiting on an RMA for my dead ram, and Im planning to do a fresh install as soon as the ram gets here, why do you ask?
Partitions can't reduce file fragmentation, but would "contain" the file fragments in closer proximaty of each other. Beneficial? In theory maybe. Those files that tend to fragment will do so whether together or spread apart.

vanessab said:
Nitenni ~ When you say option 5, all 3 in raid 0. Do you mean matrix raid or normal raid? What about partitions? or all on (ie. C: drive)?? or a D:drive, E:drive as well?

Make a RAID0 with all 3 discs, create one large partition while installing XP.

And do remember to post benchmarks when you are done (HD Tach) :beer:

As far as disk fragmentation goes, just use a good Defrag program. My choice is Perfect Disk, but there is also Diskeeper and O&O Defrag.

Back