• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max cpu temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jacksonn24

im OC my 2700k to 4.8ghz and running H80 at max and was running intelburn test just 1 test at the very high setting and was stable but on HWMonitor temps were at max package 71 and cores were 68-71 max at end of test.is that to hot to run and is that high for an H80?

That's fine. For a 2(5/6/7)00k, you want to keep temperatures below 80-85c in a stress test, and about 70c max for general use. Since you're at 70c for the stress test, that's pretty good.

The mid-90s c is the danger zone for the sandy bridge series. high 60s are ok but I would look into better cooling when reaching into the 70-80s

I wouldn't complain about those temps. I have an i7 920 at 4.4ghz which will run those temps under a stress test and these are hot CPUs but they are well within tolerance levels. Are you still running with Corsair's stock fans?

i started with COUGAR CF-V12HPB in push\pull now i put corsair fans in see if they push more are but dont seem to temps are the same.i may get some new fans that push way more air.vcore is at 1.50 is that high cause temps high

accually in my bios my vcore is 1.40 and i set load line at level 10 and in windows on HWMonitor my vcore says 1.50 is that normal cause of load line or idk

I don't know what board you have, but those LLC settings sound like something in a Gigabyte bios. I would back the level off to where it's about what you set vcore in bios when under load. And I give myself a vcore hard line of 1.45v for 24/7 use with my Sandy Bridge chips and usually don't push them that hard for long term use. See if you can back off the vcore to around 1.45v while staying stable at 4.8. And those temps aren't bad by any means, especially running IBT. Also, try stressing with Linpak and P95 and see how the temps are. With SB, IBT won't necessarily give the absolute highest temps. Regardless, 71 C isn't too high for a stress test.

yeah its gigabyte and i raised vcore to 1.45 and LLC lowered to 5 and in windows says its 1.46.thou i raised OC to 5.0 just to see if can run stable and what temps i get.thanks for info.board is Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P

Back