• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max overclock..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Alright guys well its come down to selling my board and cpu. Gonna get a 1090t or 1100t and plan on taking it to its max with an h60 until a can get a real loop.

ALthough not sure what board yields the most stable and highest overclocks. I know the 890 has shown good results. But how about the 990?

Just looking for the best board around $200 Maybe under, I know all the boards in that range have crossfire for 4 cards. Only plan on crossfiring 2 cards in the near future anyhow.

Not sure about manufacturer either. I have an Asus board now and im not sure if I like the uegi bios and all that. Just seems to add more confusion and none of the options ever seemed to help.

Was looking at the 990fx-ud5. Seems to be a very stable overclocker:shrug:

Seems like you aren't sure what to do ;) ... Now you have 3.8GHz, probably you can make 4GHz with your hardware. When you change it to 1090/1100 you make 4-4.2GHz and more cores won't help you much in daily work/gaming. If you want to change all platform then better get something on intel that will give you some more performance boost.
990FXA-UD5 is good enough to make stable 4.2GHz but it's not great overclocking board. If you really want 990FX then better get UD3 that will also support 2 gfx cards or even better something from other manufacturer like ASRock. I won't recommend anything from ASUS unless it's ROG series and these aren't cheap.

As much as id like to get a 2500k. After putting it all together its a little out of budget. I guess ill stick wth amd. And build an intel setup when the time comes.

As far as AMD boards I was looking at the As Rock Fatal1ty as well as the UD5

Gigabyte 990FX boards have problems with cpu voltage and you will have to set about 0.1V more only to make cpu stable. Wait for new revision or get something like ASRock. If you decide on Gigabyte then check UD3 as it's almost the same as UD5 but designed for 2 graphic cards while UD5 is for 3.

Alright so the boards I should be looking at are.

Gigabyte UD3/5, Any of the higher end Asrock boards, and Asus Crosshair V/IV or sabertooth?

Any other suggestions, im currently lookig at the Asrock etreme 4. Looks like a very icely layed out board. Iv never used asrock before though. Makes me a little hesitant.

I can vouch for the Crosshair V with the 1090T ...... very easy board to OC the chip with. Stable with no noticable VDroop as the gigabytes have shown. 4.2 wasn't very hard to do but cant quite get 4.3GHZ stable though not quite sure if the H60 will get you there though I did have plenty of headroom with my temps (Antec 920)...... who knows till you try.

I do not own a gigabyte UD5 but after a lot of reading from owners about it, it has some problems overclocking from what i read they say the Vdrops are bad on the UD5 on the UD3 its not that bad it still has Vdrops but not as bad as UD5 and what i heard they are about to release a new hardware revisions of these boards and maybe itll fix these problems , I am also about to buy a board and i have finally decided to get the asrock fatality 990fx, ive read threads from owners who own the board and are saying some excellent stuff about it. and if the guys weird face is freaking you out they released a bios update that lets you remove that face in the UEFI lol but hey choosing a board is still a personal preference no matter what you choose just read more about it and learn what you can before you buy it, there is no perfect board i guess someone has always a complain no matter what brand of board it is. Have fun choosing your board and Good luck. :D

... if the guys weird face is freaking you out they released a bios update that lets you remove that face in the UEFI ...

and that's good update , my friend is complaining about it each time he has to enter UEFI on his board ;)

Back