• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAXIMUS IX & X FORMULA New Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToxicTaZ2000

Registered
I have both IX & X FORMULA boards and there hasn't been any Bios updates for 2 months!

What's happening?

My IX FORMULA is Bios v1203 from December 2017

My X FORMULA is Bios v1003 from December 2017

It's now March 2018...need new Bios soon...I spent a lot of money $Ks on both setups...

Is the reason why because Intel is fixing the software Bios performance of Z270 and Z370 Chipset's from January Spector & Meltdown problems?

Bios v1203
7700K @5.2GHz @1.35v using custom loop EK cooling system installed and (XMP) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4133MHz CL19-19-19-39 1.35v 16GB Dual Channel kit. (75c Max Load O/C)

Bios v1003
8700K @5.1GHz @1.4v using custom loop EK cooling system installed and (XMP) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37 1.4v 32GB Dual Channel kit. (80c Max Load O/C)

Both boards are Bios limited my opinion.

Does anyone know when the Bios release is?

Working on my 8700K & X FORMULA board for almost 3 months now o/c tweeting and reaching my limits? c1d5494d4d628d72a62e621f18604e95.jpg e2428c9a707b4321b40d68de0b6778cd.jpg

Lost of issues with Bios v1003

Most annoying issues besides performance issues is the boot up speed and restart speed when an o/c is on the system hangs a little you know what I'm saying??....

I have a Samsung 960 Pro 512GB my OS is on witch is blazing fast without an o/c in gaged.

And what about Memory temperature?....

The fan controller also RPM throttle's on first boot so annoying.... Something to do with between Smart Mode & RPM Fixed Mode settings.... Conflict..

There are a lot of things... I just feel I got that point... When you know you're done..

6fdb28cde35d43822efdd286d59c410b.jpg

They are likely waiting on getting out all the spectre and meltdown fixes together.

Memory temperature? Irrelevant. I havent seen warm memory in 10 years, lol

Lost of issues with Bios v1003

Most annoying issues besides performance issues is the boot up speed and restart speed when an o/c is on the system hangs a little you know what I'm saying??....

This is likely due to the additional DRAM training from tightening it down to CL17 @ 4133

Yes, but it still has training to do.
So do you think it's ASUS Bios not up to the job of these speeds and timings or your saying I should touch and tweak the memory a bit?

I never manually o/c my RAM...that's the hole point of my XMP Profile settings and certification of 4133MHz & 17-17-17-37 timings...

Do you suggest not using XMP profile?

Not suggesting anything but the fact that that's some tight ram and the board likely needs to do some additional ram training. I really notice this when benching and running 4000 at CL12. The board takes forever to boot but eventually it does.

Not suggesting anything but the fact that that's some tight ram and the board likely needs to do some additional ram training. I really notice this when benching and running 4000 at CL12. The board takes forever to boot but eventually it does.
4GHZ CL12 wow that's impressive! So the board will do this additional training over time? Or something ASUS or me having to do?

I appreciate all your guys help...

4GHZ CL12 what RAM are you using to get that? Obviously has Samsung B-die DDR4 IC Memory in side correct?

What board and Bios are you using to get these 4GHz CL12 settings?

Here I thought that 4133MHz CL17 was good.

4133MHz 17-17-17-37 sounds pretty relaxed timings compared to 4GHz CL12?

I haven't used lower CL timings since my DDR3 CL13 days... Was my 4790K & VII Formula board with G.Skill Trident X DDR3 CL13-15-15-35-2N

F3-3200C13Q-16GTXDG

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-3200c13q-16gtxdg

Yeah always been G.Skill guy...and always used XMP profile settings for memory setup.

I do miss DDR3 3200MHz CL13 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow 32gb of ram (4x8gb sticks) is ALOT of ram for the IMC to push. As others have stated: board needs to work itself in.

Wow 32gb of ram (4x8gb sticks) is ALOT of ram for the IMC to push. As others have stated: board needs to work itself in.
According to Asus my X FORMULA board is using ASUS T-Topology technology for all the same timings and speeds and all populated slots?

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-FORMULA/

It's one of the reasons I purchase this board.

Also isn't that the reason XMP profile settings have the RAM @1.4v in the low purple Bios zone.

So it shouldn't matter? I'm using Samsung 20nm B-die DDR4 IC Cherry Picked Memory.

Or is it a problem? Maybe.. a32ed375a1454c0c41d5a43362f9cbb9.jpg eba33da6e31b26674cfc531c2acd2f2b.jpg

The board will do this everytime it starts. You could look for a fast boot setting in memory area. That might help but might make memory unstable as well

The board will do this everytime it starts. You could look for a fast boot setting in memory area. That might help but might make memory unstable as well
Hmm I didn't think of that... Good point... Basically give the motherboard time to adjust the o/c is what you're saying?

I do have Fast boot on! Maybe that the reason... I'll try without...Fast boot on... That's something I haven't tried yet thanks.

Hmm I didn't think of that... Good point... Basically give the motherboard time to adjust the o/c is what you're saying?

I do have Fast boot on! Maybe that the reason... I'll try without...Fast boot on... That's something I haven't tried yet thanks.
Well I changed it to normal boot... absolutely did nothing just made it even slower...

Without my o/c my Win10 1709 boots in 7 seconds with my Samsung 960 Pro 512GB no problems.

With my o/c it's 49 seconds to boot and my Fan Xpert 4 is still throttling till I change it back and forth between "Smart Mode & RPM Fix Mode" (my saved profile) I'm pretty sure this is a bios issue.

The throttling issue happens "with and without o/c enabled."

Slow boots only on o/c enabled.

I still believe this is an Bios issue...

ASUS please give us a more stable Bios please. 2 months on a new board is two long, should be 2 Bios per month. My opinion fd9a283a568d2f7dccf112a6f89841a5.jpg

2 months on a new board is two long, should be 2 Bios per month. My opinion
No. Way. should it be that many in a month. That would signal a PROBLEM in my head.

Side note, press F12 and save a BIOS screenshot to a USB stick (then upload it here). Screencaps are 'so 90s'. :p

No. Way. should it be that many in a month. That would signal a PROBLEM in my head.

Side note, press F12 and save a BIOS screenshot to a USB stick (then upload it here). Screencaps are 'so 90s'. :p
True! Not in front of PC....Im using Tapatalk Pro app on my Pixel 2 XL phone...takes less space than my 4K screen shot...if you get what I mean.

All I'm saying there are real issues with X FORMULA Bios v1003 right now... Not serious but just very annoying on my new high-end setup.

I thought maybe it's just something small I missed setup...hoping someone else would see the flaw on a similar setup... Simply seems just not a very mature Bios yet. My opinion working on it for 2 months.

I really appreciate all of your time and effort with information about this matter. Thank you

Back