• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

May as well shre this here, too. Mach II mods *PICS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vrykyl said:
come on you too - this is a G-rated forum and you dont want a mod to see this do you? id edit your posts of all offensive content. Read this thread here - ok its about the video section but the same applies here guys

Stee - lighten up man, any mod is worth mentioning, h3ll I even posted a mod where all id done was remove some grills and stuck in a light: a child could have done it - but it was still cool.

WA2 - looking good - have you considered (if your up for a little more challenging mod) stripping out the machII box and painting the inside a UV reactive color? itd look sweet - you could do the inside of the main case that colour too. Keep it up. You make me wish id bought a machII now instead of spending all the money on a huge tft. LOL. Consider me jealous ;)

I do need to do somethign with the inside of the unit, it looks horrible. I am kinda worried Iwil mess somethingup messing wtih it to much. Uv may not be a bad idea..maybe like a white or something..

yeh - i was thinking maybe a white uv paint with 1 maybe 2 small hidden 4" uv ccfls (or i use uv reactive LED lasers - very small and easy to hide for subtle uv reactive lighting) and your current purple ones would look very cool. Ask around in the extreme cooling section for help with safely taking apart your machII box - Exempt (tho hes ill at the mo), Fushyguru and rhino56 are IMO your first point of reference for a dissassembly project if you do it. You could even paint the compressor and pipes a contrasting color :D

Is there really any point in a prometia case, i mean the processors run fine under water dont they???

Besides if u overclock it to much ur motherboard will cook rite? - 45 is excesive lol thats colder than my frozen food in the freezer :)

The lights are actually UV, they just look purple. So that would work out. Where can you get that stuff? I think you are onto something here bro :D

you cant hit up to 5ghz on water!! LOL - provided you take all the neccessary steps to protect you rmobo from condensation then no your mobo should never burn up - water kills if it leaks - same with a phase change and condensation. Heaps of fun tho.... and just remember if your ever checking a mach or prommie for the first time to see if its getting cold not to lick the evaporator head...... :D

DuallyKickass said:
Is there really any point in a prometia case, i mean the processors run fine under water dont they???

Besides if u overclock it to much ur motherboard will cook rite? - 45 is excesive lol thats colder than my frozen food in the freezer :)

they run fine, yes, but promies usually help

you gonna give painting a go? itd be a really unique mod to do - you could even paint a design - maybe "WA2" in some kind of logo - heres one i knocked up for ya in 10 seconds -
WA2.gif
-
wa2b.gif

Last edited:
Vrykyl said:
you gonna give painting a go? itd be a really unique mod to do - you could even paint a design - maybe "WA2" in some kind of logo - heres one i knocked up for ya in 10 seconds -
WA2.gif
-
wa2b.gif

nothing there man ...

Nice setup, I think it would look really awesome if you made the plexi like a smoked type. Do you know what I'm tlaking about? where it's like kinda hazy.

Enough that you can still see stuff inside, but a whilte CCFL would make it just kinda glow.

What do you guys think I could do with the front? It looks so plain...

I think it looks damn nice man.. are those things difficult to setup and about how much do they go for? oh yeah, also are they loud? :D

a prommie is around 30 db.
that thing looks cool. i also plan on doing some pretty crazy stuff with mine. when we say good enough we have failed at life and at all things in it.
in a sense we have died. never stop modding

They are not loud at all. All I hear is the front intake fan, and it is quiet. :)

Back