• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB & Ram Compatability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fl_Gulfer

Registered
The MB will take( Support for DDR3 1800 (OC)/1666/1333/1066 MHz memory modules )
So can I use (Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory BL2KIT25664BN1608, 8-8-8-24, Unbuffered, Non-ECC.))?

You should always check the board compatability list (QVL) on the motherboard manufacturer's website. 99% of the time there are no issues with RAM that's NOT on the list - and oddly enough sometimes the RAM on the list has problems - but it's still worth a quick look ... ;)

Just remember that for any AMD mobo if you go off the 1333mem divider you will likely need to bump the IMC (cpu-nb) voltage a notch to make things stable. I had to do this with my 89FXA-UD5 to get my 1600mhz RAM to run on the 1600mhz divider. So if you get some crazy problems bump that IMC up a notch maybe 2 depending on how big a bump you can get. My board default IMC is 1.1v and one bump puts me to 1.125 and two bumps puts me to 1.15v. Those are kinda small bumps and it really will depend on the mobo, ram and what slot you put them in. I have mine in the white slots furthest away from the cpu due to my cooler. You might have to go more bumps in voltage with the blue slots as Gigabyte states that for running over the 1333 speeds and to reach the max oc of RAM for the board to use the white slots.

Just remember that for any AMD mobo if you go off the 1333mem divider you will likely need to bump the IMC (cpu-nb) voltage a notch to make things stable. I had to do this with my 89FXA-UD5 to get my 1600mhz RAM to run on the 1600mhz divider. So if you get some crazy problems bump that IMC up a notch maybe 2 depending on how big a bump you can get. My board default IMC is 1.1v and one bump puts me to 1.125 and two bumps puts me to 1.15v. Those are kinda small bumps and it really will depend on the mobo, ram and what slot you put them in. I have mine in the white slots furthest away from the cpu due to my cooler. You might have to go more bumps in voltage with the blue slots as Gigabyte states that for running over the 1333 speeds and to reach the max oc of RAM for the board to use the white slots.
???????

I don't know of any AMD CPU with a cpuNB voltage range that drops below 1.05v and some of them (all the Phenom II X4's) start at 1.175v. If your BIOS was setting the cpuNB at 1.1v then Gigabyte really needs to work on that ... :-/

Last edited:
Back