• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP655 Pump Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-orb-

Registered
Hi. I've got two questions about the MCP655.

The first is how the fittings work on it. The body is made of plastic, so I'm wondering how you fit your tubes onto it. Is there any way to put compression fittings on it? Or do you just have to sleeve your tubing around and use normal fittings?

The second is that on their site there's a diagram showing that the horizontal barb is the IN port and the vertical one is the OUT port.

Am I somehow misinterpreting this? Does it seriously send the water out vertically and take it in horizontally? If so this screws up my ideas of how to put it in my case so that the vertical is just straight below the reservoir T_T

Thanks in advance :)

Yeah, you just need to fit the tubing over the fittings. As long as you have some 1/2ID or even some 7/16ID (a tighter fit) you should be alright. If you really have trouble getting the tubing on just put the ends of the tube under some hot water.

Correct, the water flows out from the top and comes in there at the bottom.

The second is that on their site there's a diagram showing that the horizontal barb is the IN port and the vertical one is the OUT port.

Am I somehow misinterpreting this? Does it seriously send the water out vertically and take it in horizontally?
Horizontal and vertical are relative terms. The water goes into the center of the impeller and comes out from the edge.

You can always turn the pump 90° so the "horizontal" inlet becomes vertical. No reason I know of to keep a stock orientation. Many, many people have mounted this pump in various positions with no problems whatsoever ...

Yeah mine spent most of its time laying on it's side. Never had any problems with the pump and I've had it since before it was released.

Alright thanks for the responses :)

Lol I wonder if It's possible to OVERplan a rig... I made a full to-scale 3d model of my rig that I"ll be building in august o_O

I made a full to-scale 3d model of my rig that I"ll be building in august o_O
Lol!
Yeah my 655's upside down, stuck to the top of my case. It's above the reservoir, which hasn't caused any problems. I just unstick and lower it below the res when I'm refilling the system till its full of fluid. It can't suck the fluid up to it. (never let it run dry!). It's a brilliant pump. Powerful and very quiet.

Back