• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCX159™ series Chipset Heatsinks for AMD® & Intel® platform motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ahhhhhh...I just found it.

Microcool fan specs:

40x40x20mm, 10.8 CFM @ 8200 RPM, 27.5 dBA, 1.6 watts, .13 amps, 12v DC, standard 3 pin Molex connector.

Animal982 said:
Am I the only one that thinks this will rip out the hooks on Intel 865/875 boards faster than any other NB heatsink out there? I just think the weight of that on Intel boards using hooks is a recipe for disaster.

Yes its heavy and Swiftech writes this in the notes:

Due to it's heavy weight, we recommend that the MCX159-P™ be uninstalled from the computer for transportation or shipping. This does not apply to the MCX159-A™ which is bolted through the board.

Maybe you can get some posterboard and make a skirt around the sink so the air is sure to travel all the way through? But it would cover up that purty sink :( If it preforms the same as it looks I *might* have the budget to go get one :)

I was thinking a skirt that goes halfway down to the base would be a good idea too. As for appearance, that's why god made lexan. ;)

eobard said:
I was thinking a skirt that goes halfway down to the base would be a good idea too. As for appearance, that's why god made lexan. ;)

Aww there we go, get the preformence and keep the purtyness. :p

I always loved swiftech sinks they look so shiny and are built to high quality standerds. :) Great for case mods.

vonkaar said:
It's definitely pretty =p. I'm sure I'll buy one eventually, I doubt there is any NB air-solution that could possibly keep up with that thing... that's such a winning formula.

it's not a matter of keeping up with existing cooling solutions. hacked up heatsinks work just as well as that will. that's alot prettier but i don't see how it's worth that money. an slk7 is $20. just use one of those. pure copper and can take 80w off a CPU without a sweat.

That sure looks nice, but I don't know if it's worth the price. An old cut up HSF or a 40mm on top of one of the zalman NB heatsinks would probably perform about the same, for a lot less.
It's got the looks though.

Frankly I doubt it works any better than a zalman with a fan on it. A 40mm fan simply won't have the power to cool a heatsink with that much resistance well at all unless you get one of the 60dBA 12-15cfm ones. I'll bet the all copper one sidewinder sells absolutely demolishes it performance-wise. Anyhow, You can buy a 60mm 1u all copper skived and fan for less than this anyhow... so unless you cant use a powerdrill, than I see no need to purchase either.

Sterculus said:
....one of the zalman NB heatsinks would probably perform about the same, for a lot less.
It's got the looks though.

I doubt it, Zalman is not known for optimal cooling but rather quiet mediocre cooling solutions :rolleyes:

i agree about the zlaman preforming less well, but that cpu cooler (cnps 7000) was pretty good....

Back