• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory/Driver Crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like it's not your RAM. Well... like I said, you're just going to have to do some trial and error to try and find the problem.

I did stumble across this thread at Microsoft's website. It looks like there are a lot of people suffering from the same problem that you are. Lots of different fixes have been suggested, so you should give them a try.

One thing you should try is uninstalling your graphics driver and installing the latest graphics driver from nVidia's website. Use the driver removal tool below to make sure that you completely remove the old driver before you try installing a new one. And make sure that you restart the computer between uninstalling the old driver and installing the new driver. If you don't completely removing the old driver then you could have a driver conflict like you're having now.

Guru3D driver sweeper

When I run this, do I want to also clean chip set drivers? I've noticed that I do not have Nvidia chip set drivers even listed under uninstall with the display and PhysX drivers.

You shouldn't see nVidia "chipset" drivers. That would be if you had nVidia graphics integrated into your motherboard, which you do not have. You should see "NVIDIA Graphics Driver xxx.xx" with the "x's" referring to the version of nVidia drivers that you have. Basically, you want to completely uninstall anything nVidia, and delete all nVidia folders, and to be really thorough run the Guru3D driver sweeper. Then restart the computer. Then install the new nVidia driver (best to go with the latest one).

Alright. I uninstalled everything, rebooted into safe mode and ran Driver Guru. For whatever reason the hardware manager installed display related items that I couldn't find. I purged everything in Driver Sweeper EXCEPT for the Nvidia Chipset driver. Rebooted, and a DOS prompt came up with "Nvidia y/n?". I closed that, reinstalled drivers. Back up and running now.

Edit: And Windows Explorer crashed for whatever odd reason.

Which did not help me at all. I booted up and immediately crashed less than five minutes running Firefox.

Back