• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory issue w/ Microsoft.photos.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

Has anyone seen this happen? I don't have a photos app even open and it's been doing this a lot lately.
Windows 10 Home edition

windows photos memory issue.JPG

Sorry, but I don't see what the problem is. Looks like the pic is chopped off at the bottom where the trouble might be showing. What is it we should be seeing?

It is using 9gb of ram?!

Duh! Yeah, see that now. I only saw the total of 28% of memory used before but he's got 64gb of RAM so it makes sense now.

poets, Did you have a massively big pic loaded in that program when you took that screenie?

Yeah I never use that app and over say a 12 hour period from a fresh reboot it comes back as a memory monster. I've seen it up as high as 28 gigs used...

Virus, by the pattern, looks Iranian. I'm with trents on this one. You've been targeted. Are you a nucular physicist?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to know how to uninstall Photo App in Windows 10:

Close the Photos app if you currently have it open
In the the Cortana/Search Windows box type powershell
Click on ‘Windows PowerShell’ when it appears – right click on it and choose ‘Run as Administrator’
In the PowerShell window enter the following command (tip: copy and paste will save mistakes.
Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Remove-AppxPackage

A ‘Deployment operation progress …’ message will temporarily appear. When this goes the uninstall has finished.

The Photos app will now be gone and the Windows Photo Viewer will now be used to open your images.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

But the bigger question is, why is this happening on your system and not on other people's? I would also run system file checker if I were you. I would also be wondering if another app on your system is at the root cause of this.

This did fix my issue a bit, apparently after more digging the Deluge Bittorrent Client (32 bit) appears to have a known memory leak issue. I'm showing that it's only using 197.0 MB but I'm at 16 GB of ram used w/ nearly nothing at all running. I'll have to dig further.

Back