• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Funovrclkn76

Registered
I just built my first pc asus sabertooth 990FX with FX 8150 blk edition 2x4 gb Kingston khx1866c9d3k2/8gx with corsair 300R case and cooler master silent pro M 850watt corsair H60 Hydro series HIS 6850 my memory will not run at 1866 it will only run at 1333 help

1866 is not the normal or default speed for that memory. It is the XMP profile (EXtreme Memory Profile). Typically, RAM is marketed using the XMP speed rating but motherboards typically default to 1333 mhz. which is kind of the generic DDR3 transfer rate.

You may need to go into bios and manually configure the voltage and the timings.

That motherboard should have a "XMP" setting for the RAM in the bios and it may or may not configure the voltage and timings correctly with that but try it and then if it still doesn't work, configure the voltage and timing manually. You would probably need to take some memory settings off of Auto in order to do that.

So when I had 8gb it wouldn't let me go above 1333mhz now 2sticks are at 2015mhz and 2are at 1333

That second CPUz shot shows your full 16GB running DDR3-1866 (well, technically DDR3-1873). Test to make sure it's stable and it looks like you're good to go. :thup:

Back