• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory problems ( doesnt work in dual channel)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imlalex

First of all hello!
i have 2 x 2gb kingston hyperx KHX1600C9D3 and motherboard m4a785td-m evo!.
Heres the thing , i have 4 slots for ram : A2B2 black and A1B1 blue , my question is what do i have to do to make them run in dual channel?
When i put in A2B2(this is for dual channel) both sticks my comp starts but it doesnt show anything on display .
When i put in A2A1 my pc is working but they run in single channel !
Same thing for A1B1 ( still for dual channel) isnt working . My pc works when my rams are installed just in single channel . Whys that ? Is there a jumper on mobo or something like that ? I have updated my bios still nothing , im kinda newbie when it comes about ram , if u guys are kind and tell me what to do ..

Install the modules in the 1st two DIMM slots (single channel mode), enter the BIOS and verify the DRAM frequency is at DDR3-1600, timings are manually adjusted to 9-9-9-27, DRAM voltage adjusted to 1.65V, and the VDDNB (CPU Northbridge) adjusted to ~1.12V (VDDNB Overvoltage = +33mV). Save and exit, shut down the PC from within the GUI, unplug / turn off the PSU, remove the module from the 2nd DIMM slot and reinstall in the 3rd DIMM slot (dual channel config.), reset CMOS, then restart the PC.

i did what u said and still nothing my pc starts but my display remains black , then i tried in A2B2 (dual channel) B2 1x 2gb and my pc does the same thing i think my slots are broken
and i found VDDNB Overvoltage = but i cant set it to +33 because this option doesnt have this number

it worked man! :) thanks alot , but i have 1 more question i have 1 more ram 2gb same as those at 1600 but in bios show me just dhc 0 and dhc 1 some thing like that and i have 3 sticks installed , my mobo doesnt support triple channel i dont want triple but i know that 2 of them can run in dual channel and 1 in single my question is that the 3rd ram i put it in is runing at stock speed and how do i change his settings? because bios just show me the first 2 sticks only.. !

it worked man! :) thanks alot , but i have 1 more question i have 1 more ram 2gb same as those at 1600 but in bios show me just dhc 0 and dhc 1 some thing like that and i have 3 sticks installed , my mobo doesnt support triple channel i dont want triple but i know that 2 of them can run in dual channel and 1 in single my question is that the 3rd ram i put it in is runing at stock speed and how do i change his settings? because bios just show me the first 2 sticks only.. !

Putting a 3rd stick of ram into a channeled enviroment usually gimps you from personal experience-- You should still be able to manually adress that last stick of ram. I find it odd your board doesn't show that 3rd stick of ram-- Does Windows recognize that 3rd stick of RAM?

but when i try to change the timings in bios it shows dhc (i think its called like this ) 0 and 1 and the 3rd ?:)

You're referring to DRAM Timing Mode, which normally has options of Auto, DCT 0, DCT 1, and Both. DCT 0 refers to Channel A, and DCT 1 refers to Channel B, both being as available options when the memory controller is set to Unganged (Unganged enables two 64bit wide DRAM Controllers (DCT0 and DCT1). Setting the timing mode to Both enables you to input different timing parameters for each DCT.

IIRC using that 3rd stick will force the system into single channel mode. You must install memory in pairs to take advantage of dual channel mode.

Z

ok i made my rams work in dual channel but when i install the 3rd stick(same ram) my pc freeze or crash ( blue screen) why is that ? i put same timings 9 9 9 27 but at the 3rd stick shows me 9 9 9 25

it seems like 2 slots aint working good , i tried every ram in every slots. In b1 and b2 when i install 1 stick my pc start but screen remains black . i tried everything get out the battery , timings , voltage , and it seems that 2 slots aint good , i need to buy another board

Back