• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Questions and Fastest FSB for a 1:1 CPU:Memory???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperG

Hi,

I have an ABIT IS7 board with LATEST BIOS, with a 2.8c GHz (800FSB), and 512MB of Corsair TWINX 3200LL Dual Channel RAM. I have a few questions for anyone with the same board and RAM. The first is, I cannot get the CAS RAS to be 2, if I do, the BIOS fails. I read that corsair has said this is a problem with the chipset, and that it has to be set to 3. Is that true for everyone? Also, the BIOS fails if I set game accelerator to "F1" mode. The highest I can set it is at "StreetRacer". Should everything under it in the the game accelerator be set to AUTO? Has anyone else with the same RAM been able to boot with "F1" mode? Finally, I was just wondering how high other people have been able to push the RAM with a 1:1 CPU:Memory ratio. Right now mine is at 200/200 (standard). With this RAM could it be possible to go to (210/210) or (220/220), or higher with 1:1??? Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SuperG

Back