• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory usage skyrockets for some unknown reason.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xZippy

Registered
As I've seen in the task manager, memory usage blasts up to around 97% when idle, and it makes my PC lag like all hell. Deleting a 1kb notepad file, watching one youtube video or listening to one song on winamp becomes stuttery and almost undoable. I don't have a lot of programs running in the background and my specs are better than decent.

However, when I go into safe mode, the memory usage never even goes above 30%. I really have no idea how to track the problem. My PC being unlaggy and usable would make me a happy man. Once in a while the ram usage dies down but shoots back up again with no discernible pattern. Also, I scanned for viruses/malware/whatever, and I don't seem to have any.

Specs:
- Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
- i7-4790K 4 cores @ 4.00GHz
- ATI Radeon R9 280
- Corsair DDR3 8GB RAM

So uhh... Yeah, I'm out of ways to try and find the problem. This started happening maybe for a few days, but I have no idea what change made all this happen. Here's a picture. Anyone else deal with something like this?

Can you host pictures through the forum please?

Also, can you post pictures showing your full list of installed programs?

What is using all the ram? Did you check in task manager? I believe you can sort it by memory used.

Back