• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

method to remove placticiser ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kurama

My crap dangerden tubes decided to get all zombie apocalypse inside my rig
seems to be a fine white layer of plastic garbage that is completely touch everything on the inside of the loop
the radiators undoubtedly are affected as well and I can't exactly just take apart my reservoir and scrape it off either

does anyone have any good legit a mint helpful suggestions as to what I might do to rectify this situation preferably without replacing the entire assembly

you'll have to take apart as much as you can,
burn the hoses (or use them in some SM fantasy) :)
keep the toothbrush handy

Reservoir.. what type? Tube? ODD-Bay? Plexi/Acryl/Nylon?
If tube, it should be possibel to remove both ends and clean it.. if you're lazy, (short) soak in scrubbing suds and give it a ride in the dishwasher (in ECO 30°C mode).
Then rince/flush with distilled.
IF Bay reservoir.. it depends how far it can be taken apart... but scrubbing suds is still an option.. lotsa rinsing & flushing after however. Always finish with distilled

Rads: flush, radiator dance, vinegar, radiator dance, flush, flush, dance, distilled, dance, flush (distilled), flush, dance, flush

Waterblocks: take apart, dont damage the o-rings.
Use Ketchup + toothbrush + elbow grease
A dishwasher ride to get rid of teh excess ketchup is an option (ECO 30°C, keep dishwasher chemicals to minimum) but make sure the O-ring are removed BEFORE or you'll never find them back.
Rince/flush distilled, re-assemble - dont damage the o-rings.

Get new hoses, cut them to size. rince/flush tehm with distilled before installing.
Install/connect, fill up with distilled, drop a silver dollar in the reservoir, bleed/purge, top up...

Good as new :)

Siiiiigh
Let this be a lesson
Craptastic $15 tubes has caused me about $100 in pain and suffering
Somone should link the photos of my tube in the new help section under DONT BUY CRAP TUBES

it's a acrylic 5 1/4 bayres
Xspc
it appears to be 100% sealed of course with the exception of the two barbs and the fill port

Fml
At anyrate,
Ketchup?
Is it because it has acid in it or something?

ketchup is a great copper cleaner - vinegar, salt, sugar, (in some cases lotsa E-numbers), acidic in just the right mixture and a nice consistency, not too hard, not too soft, not too grainy, not too greasy.... and a lot cheaper as Brillo :)

I've used that foaming spray you use to clean the shower with on my rez and tubing. For the block I used a toothbrush and some toothpaste. The white colgate stuff, not gel.

Rinse with lots of plain water, then rinse with distilled water. Good as new ;)

I've used that foaming spray you use to clean the shower with on my rez and tubing. For the block I used a toothbrush and some toothpaste. The white colgate stuff, not gel.

Rinse with lots of plain water, then rinse with distilled water. Good as new ;)
holy **** dude isn't that like Clorox bleach?
Wont that like instantly corrode away any metal surface it touches?

No, not the clorox bleach stuff. J&J Scrubbing Bubbles. You don't leave it in there long. You can also try Dawn dish soap with hot water and let it sit. An old toothbrush that's flexible will work wonders ;)

No, not the clorox bleach stuff. J&J Scrubbing Bubbles. You don't leave it in there long. You can also try Dawn dish soap with hot water and let it sit. An old toothbrush that's flexible will work wonders ;)

Ok, yea.
I have dawn, and old toothbrushes
when I get my replacement tubing through the mail I will then have to make the decision and or just suck it up and take apart everything and clean it I really do not desire to face this daunting task

Tell me about it. I go through this process at least twice a year. Normally with the tubing, if it's too far gone that cleaning it won't help, then I replace it.

However I understand your frustration in the other thread about your tubing being sold out when you need it the most. Hopefully you'll stock up next time when it's available :thup:

And yes, cheap crap tubing is the worse. I bought some from homedepot to hold me over till I got my new primochill and using nothing but distilled water and a little biocide, the tubing got clouded in less than 2 weeks :rolleyes:

man, you saw the photos of that tube?
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147361&d=1406790510
That was like I don't know maybe 3 months?
I mean hell the upgrade log is here,
Was named like, its alive or something

I only desire that specific clear tubing because everyone tells me it's basically the best stuff there is and it does not have this exact problem that I currently AM facing
I would HIGHLY prefer clear tubing just for instances such as this because I can just visually look across the room and see if there's something abnormal with my water loop if I use a color tubing then I have to be very carefully scrutinize my reservoir every time I walk by instead of just looking at the tubes

I mean this entire thing upsets me to the degree that I am considering just spending a couple hundred extra dollars to get solid tubing.
like stuff that you heat gun n Bend permanently

now aesthetically speaking I think it's an approach does look the best

Last edited by a moderator:

the XSPC acryl res is not going to like HOT water, i'ld keep it well below 50°C if were you.. preferably close to body temp.

Now, of course, nobody is stopping your from using near boiling water and creating some Dali like modern art
dali%20MELTING%20TIME.jpg

PS: "hot" water inside and cold outside isn't going to fly either :)

I was considering putting warm soapy water in the reservoir and shaking the crap out of it just like you do with the rest of the radiators
I think I really don't want to do is have to take apart the gpu cpu blocks

Im a lazy man guys
This blows.

Of course, you could add some pine Dettol to the loop , attach some fuel-saving magnets to one of the hoses and then flunk it on ebay/craigs to some noob for prime $$$ Claim that it is a military hi-spec nano-particle liquid mixture like they use on the shuttle...

:D

Of course, you could add some pine Dettol to the loop , attach some fuel-saving magnets to one of the hoses and then flunk it on ebay/craigs to some noob for prime $$$ Claim that it is a military hi-spec nano-particle liquid mixture like they use on the shuttle...

:D

Dont you effing tempt me like that

Im doing a total rectal cleansing when that new 8/10/12 core intel comes out
So selling this rig is totally a viable idea.

just retube it like i do, my rigs don't stay together long enough to worry about it.

Back