• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MicroSoft Freebees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ranarium said:
I guess I'm pretty late in on this, and that a lot of people have done this, but I'm still wary...
Does microsoft.com ever link to this? How do I know this IS an extension of MS? It seems kinda crazy to give away all this stuff.

Crazy? It's absolutely ingenious. They've found a way to get workers to take training courses in their own time, of their own free will. It's getting workers to take real product training for their products, instead of just the very broad, generic training their jobs give them.

DrSlinky said:
Crazy? It's absolutely ingenious. They've found a way to get workers to take training courses in their own time, of their own free will. It's getting workers to take real product training for their products, instead of just the very broad, generic training their jobs give them.
I suppose it is! But still, does MS ever link to it? I'm just worried about giving out my address... :p

Ranarium said:
I suppose it is! But still, does MS ever link to it? I'm just worried about giving out my address... :p

Not to the best of my knowledge. I was given the link by a MicroSoft rep. who visited our store.

DrSlinky said:
Not to the best of my knowledge. I was given the link by a MicroSoft rep. who visited our store.
Oy gavalt... It's difficult to decide what to do!
Has anyone had any BAD experiences with this site?

wahow... i've got 1725 now after finishing all the courses...

windows xp pro is 1500 points - second from the right ;)

do i really want that though? I'm kinda leaning toward the mouse/keyboard or the mouse and FS and Encarta (1800 altogether, and i could let them email me for 50 points for that) combo ^^

which is worth more? if i got xp pro and sold it on ebay could i buy the other stuff (counting shipping)?

OH btw... i thought id ressurect this just to say... Today i got my free copy of a legit Licensed

Microsoft Windows XP absolutly free from this

Hamspiced said:
OH btw... i thought id ressurect this just to say... Today i got my free copy of a legit Licensed

Microsoft Windows XP absolutly free from this

did you confirm the email they sent you? Or did you do it before they started those shenagins/

I just placed my order for XP Pro. Intel decided to turn me down. Let's hope MS is a little nicer.

Took me 30mins to get 1500 points, the tests are common sence. I don't think I will get the keyboard and mouse though, but 30mins was worth the shot. I do not work in retail, and received no email. I work in a computer lab of 61 dells with windows XP pro, I was just hoping I slipped throught the cracks, thats it. I didn't lie about where I worked, so lets just see.

Will post back if I receive.

My boss and I just received our FREE copies of XP Professional Retail today in the mail :)

That took a while....

We had to get verified by Microsoft by sending in a notorized (sp?) letter stating that we work for a reseller/are a reseller, as well as a copy of a paycheck. They sent us an email back saying we were verified about 4 months ago.

Back