• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft vs Google

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am speculating that Microsoft attempt to buy out google is because google OS is uprising and will become the next operating system. I got a gut feeling google OS is going to happen.

Please God if there is one sooner than later

I'm not sure how you could arrive at such an idea. Microsoft's track record shows them buying competing but smaller companies and then destroying it or rebranding it. There's just no way they could get away with doing this to google. They're going to have to sit comfortably knowing google can steal their search hits, software sales, and even their employees. Google is the first real competition for microsoft in many of their markets.

Secondly, I haven't had any real reason to hate google. They give me powerful products for nothing. Google Maps, Google Mail, and they're also responsible for an amazing internship program that I wouldn't mind applying for some day. Hell I'd like to work for google.

But with google making money giving **** away, questioning their motives is natural. I can't help but shake the feeling that they've got an umbrella corporation like ulterior motive. Google will bring the zombie apocalypse, I tell you!

Third, Microsoft is becoming less and less hatable. They always talk about things they'd like to try, but I highly doubt a lot of the controversial products will ever see market. For example, the version of windows that restricts users from opening more than one or two programs is completely pointless. In the end, offering a version of windows that would do this to users does not increase revenue per line of code at all. As many retailers have proven, selling more for less has greater benefits to the producer than less for more. Even ferrari has to do odd jobs for companies like ford to stay afloat (see teksid block).

Any product that requires extra code to simply add in a feature that RESTRICTS users is going to increase costs to maintain and produce. And I think Microsoft will see this in the end.

Back