• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini-ITX on way for AMD Ryzen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There have been Ryzen mini ITX motherboards out for months from Biostar, ASRock and Gigabyte. Asus is a bit late to the party and high on the prices.

There have been Ryzen mini ITX motherboards out for months from Biostar, ASRock and Gigabyte. Asus is a bit late to the party and high on the prices.

With the exception of Bio Star all are B350 or lesser chipsets .... Try finding an X370 mITX in Canada and US .....

I settled on an Asus b350 Gaming mATX ..... so far a nice board but had I known these were coming I wold have waited.

For the Overclockers ......

They’re also built for the higher memory clocks required to fully unleash the platform’s potential. The shorter traces used for the dual-DIMM configuration improve signaling, enabling DDR4-3600 speeds that surpass what’s supported by competing motherboards.

It's for 3 months+ on the market :) ... but only Biostar was just after premiere. Actually Biostar X370GTN seems nice but BIOS is pathetic, last 2 updates made it even worse. I was posting results just after premiere as I got it from first delivery to German store. I've sent mail to support about BIOS 2 days ago but I guess they will ignore it. This is how Biostar support works. If you want ITX board for Ryzen then get ASRock or wait for ASUS.

Yes I knew about the Biostar boards but their availability here in Canada and US is almost non existant ...... some of their lower end boards yes but not their top tier boards. I might have bought an mATX board when I first bought my Ryzen stuff if I didn't have to order from Germany or Italy, actually had one in my cart on Ebay till I found the deal on my Tiachi.

Yes I knew about the Biostar boards but their availability here in Canada and US is almost non existant ...... some of their lower end boards yes but not their top tier boards. I might have bought an mATX board when I first bought my Ryzen stuff if I didn't have to order from Germany or Italy, actually had one in my cart on Ebay till I found the deal on my Tiachi.

The Biostar x370GTN mini ITX has been continuously available from Newegg for many months. For quite a while it was the only AM4 mini ITX motherboard available. Its not expensive either, priced at $110 on the US site and $140 on the Canadian site. Like Woomack said the BIOS isn't the best, but I had no trouble getting my Ryzen 5 1600 to 4 GHz with my Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 running @ 2933.

In your post I quoted above, you switched to mATX instead of the mini ITX in the thread title so there's a little confusion there as many mATX choices are available.

But they are twice the boards of the other three vendors. These ASUS boards are on par with their Intel ITX counterparts. Something AMD has never been able to claim before.

But they are twice the boards of the other three vendors. These ASUS boards are on par with their Intel ITX counterparts. Something AMD has never been able to claim before.

Are you talking about Asus mATX or mini ITX? I don't see an Asus mini ITX yet on New Egg and the OP was originally posting about mini ITX boards.

Well, twice the price anyway. Each to their own. They will be more expensive, as most Asus boards tend to be, but not necessarily any better.

I would doubt they're going to be popular given the fact Ryzen is a heater to begin with. Not a bad thing if you're running stock or the case you're going to use has enough room for an AIO.

I would doubt they're going to be popular given the fact Ryzen is a heater to begin with. Not a bad thing if you're running stock or the case you're going to use has enough room for an AIO.

I have to disagree: Ryzen runs quite cool, with very low wattage (lower than its Intel counterparts actually).

As I stated Tir. "if you're running stock" Once you start to crank 'em, they start putting out some heat.

Not really. No more so than newer Intel stuff when overclocking it seems to me. You just can't overclock Ryzen as far.

Mini ITX on way for AMD Ryzen

Hey guys, will you have and tuning/remaps available for the new 1 series anytime soon?

Thanks

Back