• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MIVE and Memory channels

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PenguinsPal

It seems no matter the combination I try I can only get the A1,B1 memory slots to boot my MIVE. I have tried 3 different brands of memory and both 1.5 and 1.65v memory to no avail. I was hoping maybe someone here might have some idea whats going on or do I have to just bite the bullet and RMA the motherboard? The error I am getting is 55. then it just sits there.:shrug:

Some kits are running better in first slots. If you have 4 sticks and with all 4 slots there is still 55 error then there can be 3 ways:
1. bad BIOS - try different version, won't help -> RMA
2. bad cpu pin contact - try to reseat cpu or clean cpu pads , won't help -> RMA
3. damaged memory slots -> RMA

Also check single stick in every slot to be sure that issue is only on 1/3 or 2/4 slots. If it's cpu contact problem then 55 error will happen only on 1st or 2nd channel ( or both at the same time but that's rare ).
I had 55 error with MVG on 2/4 slots and support replaced all cpu socket without asking about anything.

Being that I have tried most everything on your list it seems I will have to go ahead and RMA then. THe only thing I haven't done is reseat the CPU. My memory only works in slot 1 and 2. Will not boot if anything is in the 3rd and 4th slots.

Back