• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mmmmmm, 2 x 7800-GTX ViperJohn modded & Pelted...tasty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Yeah man! I finaly have them in my grubby paws! VJ is the absolute best there is1 Look at these tasy little nubbins'..... :D

Attachments

• DSCF0842 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0842 (Small).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,049
Closer pic.........

Attachments

• DSCF0843 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0843 (Small).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,037
Backside......I like the power out he soldered on for the VRM active cooling fan (white square).

Attachments

• DSCF0844 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0844 (Small).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,029
These cards are going in this monster.....

Attachments

• DSCF0845 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0845 (Small).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,030
Definitely sexy looking there krag. I'd love to hear the results, maybe one day I'll be lucky/brave enough to be able to pelt my GPU. I don't even have enough confidence in myself to go to "extreme cooling" on my CPU.

Have fun with those twins there!

EDIT:: LOL, then I hope you can get the thing to even work :shrug:

They are 245w TECs with 2 320w meanwells that VJ modded to install on thier sides in the 5 1/2 drive bays. The rad is a double length and should do very well.
Here is a pic of it when he was building it.

Attachments

• KragRad3 (Small).jpg
    KragRad3 (Small).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited:
Got the PSU's installed.

Attachments

• DSCF0848 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0848 (Small).JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 987
madhatR said:
damn vj i wish you could do that for my 512gtxs on air .. but no sli then :eh?:

Yean me to. I went to a lot of trouble to design a ViperMagnum CrossFlow air cooler and the NV and ATI moved the damn memory chips and that went into the crapper instantly lol.

Why not go with ViperFang water???

Viper

I have run into some difficulty here. I am trying tio slip the compression ring over the silicone hose into the rad and its in a tricky position to where i can't really torque on it to slip it all the way on. Can I get away with putting some vasiline or sometihng like that?

Attachments

• DSCF0849 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0849 (Small).JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 948
vj ..

i wish i could .. but im more of an air cooler right now .. i guess if i go watercooling down the road i could .. try and design a new air cooler :cool:

Back