• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mmmmmm, 2 x 7800-GTX ViperJohn modded & Pelted...tasty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
krag said:
I have run into some difficulty here. I am trying tio slip the compression ring over the silicone hose into the rad and its in a tricky position to where i can't really torque on it to slip it all the way on. Can I get away with putting some vasiline or sometihng like that?

Damn!!! that is one kick *** video setup. As far as the tubing I would not use vaseline. Wet your finger with a little spit and rub it inside the tube and then slip it on. At least that will evaporate and dry where as the vaseline will not and will still retain it's lubricating properties long after you have attached the hose.

How can I get one of those setups?

ViperJohn said:
Yean me to. I went to a lot of trouble to design a ViperMagnum CrossFlow air cooler and the NV and ATI both moved then damn memory chips and that went into the crapper instantly lol.

Why not go with ViperFang water???

Viper

I love your work VJ. Next card(s) I get, im sending to you!

Question:
Why are the barbs facing near the back of the case? Shouldnt they be facing the same direction as the DD blocks?

Son1990 said:

Question:
Why are the barbs facing near the back of the case? Shouldnt they be facing the same direction as the DD blocks?

I'm almost done. I had to stop last night cause I couldn't buy any hose clamps here. Every shop closes at 9pm here... :rolleyes:

This is the solution to the unusual hose barb placements.

Attachments

• DSCF0850 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0850 (Small).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 851
krag said:
I'm almost done. I had to stop last night cause I couldn't buy any hose clamps here. Every shop closes at 9pm here... :rolleyes:

This is the solution to the unusual hose barb placements.

Kraig I sent you an email on this...READ IT as I see an issue with the install.

Had to buy hose clamps...I send you all of the ring clamps you needed with the remote Hose barb turn ups and the paralleling wyes including two insulated ring clamps for use in one specific place.

John

Last edited:
Son1990 said:

Question:
Why are the barbs facing near the back of the case? Shouldn't they be facing the same direction as the DD blocks?

Because that is the way they are supposed to install to get everything to fit in the space available with goodfull height ramsinks all chips. Installing the hose barbs facing toward the rear allows the water tubes to pass under the ramsinks on the cards where they are turned up between the rear of the cae and the SLI bridge.

Remeber these are TEC coolers and are 1/2" talled than normal with the TEC and cold plate installed and 7800-256 card have ramsinks on both the front and the back sucking up all the space between the cards.

Viper

lol nice, wish i could have those cards.. but then again they wouldnt fit in my SLI-DR non expert anyway :( good luck with the cards man, get some benches up soon!

Careface*

Any updates?

Krag, how far are you from Seattle? I may be visiting my friend in the area within the next few months... I'd love to see that in person!!! :D

g0dM@n said:
Any updates?

Krag, how far are you from Seattle? I may be visiting my friend in the area within the next few months... I'd love to see that in person!!! :D

The only update is Kraig's Expert MB (2nd one) is bad and would not run in SLI mode. We spent many hours and long distance phone call $'s trying but no joy. We were just able to narrrow it down to the dang motheboard as the problem.

Viper

ViperJohn said:
The only update is Kraig's Expert MB (2nd one) is bad and would not run in SLI mode. We spent many hours and long distance phone call $'s trying but no joy. We were just able to narrrow it down to the dang motheboard as the problem.

Viper

damn guys .. that sucks

ViperJohn said:

Viper
Damn it!!! :(

His Experts didn't like 512 gtx SLI, or just SLI in general? You may want to try (or borrow) someone's 6600GT SLI to narrow it down... now if the 6600GTs don't work, you know for sure it's the mobo.

I dunno... just trying to give my 2 cents.

Back