• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2600+ can't go higher with a prometia than it did on air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFlons

Registered
I just got my mach 1 and to my dismay it won't help me overclock any higher. Its like I hit a wall. I was running 210x12.5 or so on air with a 80mm tornado and ax-7 sink. I was using 2 volts that read out to be 1.9 on MBM. My computer is listed below. ( in sig)

I can't get anymore overclock by increasing the fsb or the multiplier. Even when I drop the FSB and increase the mult, still nothing. I get the blue screen that says something about my hardware failure or something to that nature and then it restarts if I go higher.

My temps at stock mobile 2600+ settings are -1 idle 6 load or so.
Running at 2 volts its 27 idle (haven't really seen a load temp)

I'm thinking it should be a lower temp but don't really know.
I am using arctic alumina also.

I have active mosfet cooling with sinks, a northpole on the NB, and active SB cooling. Also I have various sinks on the pll's and ram chips.

Is there some sort of wall that I have hit.

It may be your board, it may be your RAM, or it may be your north bridge needs more volts.

Dunno what your load temp is, but I know when a phase change unit starts having trouble keeping a chip cool its performance degrades severely. Your load temps could be no better than your air cooling temps were, possibly.

Cathar talks about something like this from time to time - he has been interested in high end watercoolings ability to challenge the overclocks of phase change for some time (or atleast been interested in getting other people to think so too).

I unplugged the heating element and the temps are at 5 - 7 idle.

I don't know how hot the heating element was suppose to be but I couldn't keep my finger on it, it was so hot.
I'm gonna do some more tests.

but this hasn't helped.

And my NB is getting the max volts my board will give

Last edited:
I don't know what was up with my heating "pad" but I plugged it in with my fans and it doesn't get to hot to touch anymore and my idle temp now is running at 5 - 7.
My load temp after 30 mins of prime "blend test" was 15

These temps sound alot better.

These temps are using 1.9 volts.

IMO I would try maybe reseating the evap block and see if you cant get better idle or load temp's. IMO if you board undervolt's then 2.1 should be about 2.0 as is most abit's and 2.0 with teen's for load temp's you should have to worry. I have ran 2.06 thru my barton 2500 really 1.98 on a abit for over 3 month's straight without a problem on air.

Well I just broke off one of the pegs that the tightening screws screw into, so until I get a replacement or something I am going to just have to live with 10 degrees C. Which I obviously wasn't getting a good seat because even with no pressure on the bottom it is staying at 9 idle and 16 load.
I almost barfed when I did this because I have had it for less than a day and its been nothing but a headache. But hopefully it will get better.

I am trying to super glue the thing back on but it keeps popping off any suggestions

I have another clip like the one I broke coming overnight from Kit-tronics. The customer service there is awesome.

I'm back with my new clip which is making contact and i am only getting a temp of -1 as we speak and my prommy readout is -42, so here we go again

Back