• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Mobile Athlon 3200+ help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ObsesivComplsiv

Registered
First, I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place. I couldn't decide if It should go here or the laptop section so flipped a coin.
I have a laptop(eMachines m6809) that was given to me with a Mobile Athlon 3200+ that according cpuid is only running @800mhz and Windows says 1.6Ghz neither of the two being the 2Ghz it is supposed to be running at. I remember back when these came out that people were having this trouble when trying to get a mobile 3200+ to run in a desktop but not in a laptop. Any suggestions on what i could do to the old girl back up speed would be much appreciated.

Are you sure that's not just the power saving feature that you are witnessing?? To test you would need to set windows to High Performance and run a stress program such as P95 to max out the cpu and then check the speed.

As others have said, this is probably the effect of Cool N Quiet and other heat reducing, powersaving technologies when the system is not under load.

Yep you guys were right on the money. It was the windows power options setting that was causing it. I kind of figured that AMD would have an application in charge of controlling those modes but when i looked through all of the OEM software and what was offered on the eMachines site I found nothing so i thought maybe it was in BIOS but no dice. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Back