• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo for next build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dravenspur

My computer died about a month ago, but I waited for the new X570 motherboards and Zen 3000 chips from AMD. Now that I see the initial reviews of the processors, I’m leaning more toward an X470 board (1, because Zen 3 is still supported, and 2, I have an SFF case so I am limited to ITX mobos and the only ITX mobo available for X570 right now is from Gigabyte. I have not had success with Gigabyte products in the past, so I am not going with that board. ASUS is supposedly making one, but it is not available day 1)

My question is, is anyone using an X470 ITX board they would recommend, or do I go buy a new case for my next build that can work with full ATX boards and put an ATX X470 in it? If you think a new case is in order, recommendations for the case would be appreciated.

The reason I was holding on to getting an X570 board was I want to upgrade my video card as well and I thought Navi would need PCIe gen 4, but that does not appear to be the case. From reviews I’ve seen, we’re not even maxing out PCIe 3 yet, so I can get a previous generation board and Navi and Zen 3000 will still work.

So, any recommendations on an ITX X470 board that has worked well for the community would be appreciated. Thanks for your help with this.

You know what? I think I will wait for either the ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact or the Strix X570-I board. Hopefully I don’t have to wait too long. I’ve gone a month without a gaming pc...I can go a little longer.

There will be ASRock X570 ITX in about a week (still not released). ASRock usually makes really solid ITX boards and cheaper than ASUS. I was really satisfied with all B350/X370/B450/X470/Z370/Z390/X299 ITX boards that I reviewed in last years.

Keep in mind that the Crosshair VIII Impact is DTX mobo, not ITX so it won't fit in most cases. I also doubt it offers much more than the Strix ITX while the price will be for sure higher.
If you don't want to wait then there is Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX. I have no idea how it works but I will probably test one soon. Looks good and supposed to be much cheaper. The specification is similar to other high ITX boards ... on the other hand it looks like there will be only 3-4 ITX X570 boards. MSI has nothing in their offer and I haven't seen anything from other brands too. So 1 ASRock, 1 ASUS and 1 Gigabyte in ITX format.

Back