• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo not getting any power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Itsi

I have an older am2 mobo (ecs k8m890m-m) that i just replaced with a new setup in my little server. I went to throw this mobo into a new case it wont power on at all. I push the switch and nothing happens at all. I've tried using a different switch, used several different powersupplies, changed out all the hardware (ram.cpu.etc), i tried touching to pins with a wire to jump it, taking it out of the case to see if its grounded or something. I am running out of things to try and im wondering if maybe this mobo has finally bit the dust. Any opinions? It worked before I moced it, 15 minutes later after its in the new case it wont power on.

thanks in advance

Different case has a stand-off touching on the motherboard and shorting. REmove old ECS thing and try it out a case on an insulated surface and see what happens then.

After pulling out there was definitely a stand off that would have been touching and didnt have a screw in it. I tried it on a wooden table outside the case and i still got nothing. Do you think its possible i fried it?

Short could have killed the board, yes. Sorry. One last thoght, you have cleared the CmOs haven't you? Likely not going to help, but worth a try.

yeah I tried that too. The cmos battery seems to be dead but I dont think that could be a problem really. Oh well i got a good 5 years out of the board and it was a cheapo anyway.

Think there is a chance the ram or cpu are still good?

Alright, unfortunately i don't have any ddr2 or am2 mobos to test so i guess it will be a mystery for now haha. I'm guessing they went with it though.

Back