• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo recomendations for my old system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stino!

Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster!
My rig isn't top of the line by any means but still gets the job done decently. Here are the important specs:
Win7 x64
8gb ram (4x 2gig)
Phenom x4 9850 Quad Core
HD 3850
MSi k9a2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130138

Here's the problem...Sparks flew from the rear of my machine today, looks like my motherboard is done for. I am having a HELL of a time finding a replacement. I can't upgrade my whole system (mainly my proc.) unless I can find a mobo and proc. bundle for short money. When searching for hardware the only decent place I know of is Newegg, but they hardly carry what I need. Socket AM2+, and must have 4 ram slots.
Wondering if anyone knew of any good deals or somewhere that may stock hardware that supports older systems.

Browsing amazon...I know its a stupid question but would my Phenom work on a Phenom II socket?

Here's the problem...Sparks flew from the rear of my machine today, looks like my motherboard is done for.
Have you confirmed it is not only the power supply that went out, possibly leaving rest of system functional?

Back