• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modifying Norco Server Case For Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobCochran

Registered
The photo below is of a Norco brand server case -- I think it is something like 6U, I can't remember. I want to use this case as a network file server. The hard drive bay is the reason why. I want to water cool the processor using a Corsair H115i AIO. The motherboard will be a Supermicro X10SRi-F with an Intel Xeon E5-2630 V4 processor. The motherboard is ATX in form factor.

Is there a commercial frame of some sort that could support the radiator of the AIO right above the CPU?

I have additional photos I can show on request.

Thanks a ton

Bob

old_norco_case_empty_view_small.jpg

Im thinking this is going to be a custom job.. i cant think of any radiator stands appropriate for a 4U server...

....maybe cut out the side and mount it there. Why does it have to be above the cpu?

Hi Earthdog, thank you for the reply. I will post a picture tomorrow to show the Corsair H115i all-in-one that I want to use. The water block part hangs off of one end of the radiator, and it is permanently connected with a fairly short run of tubing, so I think I have to position the radiator such that the water block is directly over the processor. With a case like that one, I probably will need some sort of a custom frame to support the radiator.

Thanks a ton

Bob

Bob, i know exactly what it looks like and what it is. No need for pictures. :)

It seems like you need to do some measuring and a mock up. Pretty sure you will find there is room to mount the radiator on the side of the case (inside) and the hoses will reach.

Are you manually switching the font??????

Hi Earthdog, thank you for helping me with this. Yes I am manually changing the font. I like Times New Roman or Trebuchet MS in size=4. I'm not as young as I once was so a larger font helps my eyes.

So based on your responses there is no way I can use either the H115i or some other liquid cooling kit in the Norco case without customizing the case or finding some sort of support for a radiator that would let me avoid changing the case. That is what I had thought too but I had to ask and get expert advice. I'll give this more thought.

Thanks a ton!

Bob

Want to know a trick... in whatever browser you are using hold the CTL button down and move your webwheel... ZOOM. :)

Back