• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Molex and Sata power Clarification

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jamo7150

Hi Guys,

May I please get some advice and clarification of Molex/Sata power connections just for my piece of mind in the new build?

I have just built my new rig and realised I forgot to include a Modular 6pin to dual SATA power cable for my SSD's in my cablemod order. Doh.
For the time being I have connected these using a 4x SATA inline adapter connected by Molex, via a 6pin to Molex cable from the PSU.

The whole Molex to sata saga of catching fire etc I see is predominantly down to cheapo rubbish end connectors that cause arcing. The current cable does not have any of these connection ends.

Is a Modular SATA cable direct from PSU to power to the SSDs a better option overall? or is it safe to just leave them connected via molex? (The Molex cables is from Cablemod so its not a cheaply made one)

PSU is Corsair HX850i

Thanks

I won't worry about the current setup. As you said, it isn't some cheapo one, so it should be fine. :)

Back