• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor not turning off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I have Power scheme set so that my monitor is supposed to go blank after 15 minutes of inactivity but a week or so ago it quit doing that. I've checked to make sure no videos are playing in the browser when it's left open. What else can cause this?

Some background program that stops it ? technically if there's any HDD activity it should't go to sleep mode ?

Trents,

I've been battling this for years on all OS and haven't found a permanent fix. I just redo the power scheme and "Apply" it again and it's fine for a while.

The disk activity LED is always ticking occasionally but I think that's normal. I'm going to try putting the Power settings back to balanced and see if that fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Trents,

I've been battling this for years on all OS and haven't found a permanent fix. I just redo the power scheme and "Apply" it again and it's fine for a while.

Thanks for the tip.

Okay, figured it out. Found the solution on Bleeping Computer forum. When the game controller is plugged in neither the computer or the monitor will go to sleep. Not sure if this is true of all game controllers but it is with mine.

Right click on the start button , click Control Panel and in the Control Panel search box type in " View reliability " and then click " View reliability history" there may be a solution listed there.

Don't have a game controller for my PC, but......check 'Services' and determine if the game controller can be re-set there, from Auto to Manual. Just a thought.....

Thanks for all the tips but it's pretty easy just to unplug the game controller when I'm not using it.

Back