• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morrowind for Dummies(newbs guide to morrowind)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ha. Chameleon is the bomb if you have over 100% constant effect. No one EVER notices me, even when I'm not sneaking, standing right in front of them, trying to speak to them. With 103% chameleon, I get "who's there" about 70% of the time when I try to talk to people. It's so good it's annoying. All done with 2 rings and a skirt.

Night eye is great at 80% constant effect. What else are you going to use an exquisite belt for?

Also, exquisite shirts, skirts and pants can each have restore health 2 and restore fatigue 1 constant effect. They are better than the robes.

I have beaten this game up down and sideways. :)

me three.
I uninstalled it cuz i had to reformat (backing up everything took 3 cds)
i wanna reinstall, but i think one of my cds is scratched and wont read. Turtle wax fixes that right?

Bloodmoon you mean? I heard they added an island to it along with the ability to turn into werewolves, new monsters and... snow! Man I gotten tired of seeing the ashlands over and over again.

I just picked up bloodmoon last week. Have not played it yet, but I've heard that the snow and forests look great. Plus, the price is down to $15.

Also a good deal is Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon together for all 30 bucks. If I have the spare cash I might just pick the pack up. :)

HEAR THAT PEOPLE, 30 BUCKS FOR ALL 3.

now you cant use money as an excuse for not playing morrowind, nor ignorance on how to start your character off thanks to this guide:D

shush....

i'm not paying for the game cuz im too busy trying to decide to buy with my giant wad of cash :D

new case and psu, new cpu and psu, or new hard drive and morrowind?

so hard...so tempting...

sweet! three starts.

Go shifty, its your three-star day. We gunna party like its your three-star day, sip...stuff cuz its your three star day

captain_sHiFTy said:
shush....

i'm not paying for the game cuz im too busy trying to decide to buy with my giant wad of cash :D

new case and psu, new cpu and psu, or new hard drive and morrowind?

so hard...so tempting...

CPU+PSU mate!
Can't beat that one. Next is Morrowind and HD! And forget about the case =)

but my case is so uuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. And im a very vain person :D
i'm thinking about getting case and psu. Then i ll still have like 50-100 bucks left. If that way i can go for the new cpu really soon.

Thing is my 40 gig hard drive really isnt enough....

but this is getting off topic. Morrowind peoples! lmao. Anybody found any good mods lately?

Actually I'm looking for an upgrade too. No shame in admitting it. It's actually on-topic if you twist it a bit. "Yes I'm looking for an upgrade so Morrowind would run better." :D

As for me, I would've gotten a Geforce fx 5900SE if it wasn't for the fact that life can suck alot. Not only that, but my ram went bad too. It's reporting 100k errors for each pass. :( Thankfully the cpu I upgraded to (From 1800+ to 2500. I've noticed in certain games like America's Army, my FPS increase was massive.) went flawless. Now if only the rest was this easy. :(

Btw, how about we compile the 10 best mods for morrowind? I'll throw out some mods for ideas.

1. Astarsis Face Mods. These replaces the ugly faces of the orginal with way better ones. Actually he has a homepage somewhere you can google on.

2. Bethasoft Arrows plug-in Stuff like area explosion arrows and new throwing stuff, plus a cool shop in Vivec, this mod is great for the archer!

3Real Sign Posts This replaces the ugly sign posts that are outside of towns with hi-res versions that you can actually read.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add some more later.

UM how do you use the house mod, I dowloaded it and put it where it supposed to be, started the game, went into data but no house mod to check... or is it somewhere in the game that I have to go to?

Last edited:
Edit:

Doh, just reread your post. Sorry.

Anyways, I remember you have to have a file within a certain folder. If I remember right, you must have the esp file in your data folder I believe.

I think we should compile list of mods everyone likes! Name of them and what they do...
captain_sHiFTy you if could edit them in one of your first posts that would be great =)

heh, never played morrowind before, but after reading this thread i just bought the game of the year edition :D. It should be here in a couple days.

Hello, I have a question about the Addams House mod ... in the room at the back where you can put your weapons on display, what and how do you put stuff on the polls with hooks? (There are two tables and 4 polls with hooks)

Also, is there anyway of having unlimited carrying capacity in the game? I downloaded a trainer with it, but with the newest patch installed on the game it just kicks me out of the game.

Back